Memphis, TN

I bought a cheap DMG to GBC link cable on ebay to sync nanoloop 2.8 with nanoloop mono. I can get the tempo to sync but the main issue I'm having is that I'm unable to use the d-pad on my DMG when they are connected. It works fine when I unplug the cable, and when I turn off the GBA. I'm not sure if the problem is the cable, Nanoloop mono, 2.8, or operator error. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Brittany

Someone here has a similar problem : https://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/2427 … k-problem/

pancakehero wrote:

when I plug in the link cable in both dmg's the d-pad stops working on one of the gameboys.

You could try the solution Orgia Mode gave.

Memphis, TN

Thanks for the link. I noticed that the d-pad works on the DMG running mono until I start nanoloop 2.8 on the GBA. Also the dpad isnt completely disabled as I am able to edit a note with only the right button on the dpad. But I can't use any of the other directions. Everything else seems to work fine on mono and I have no issues with 2.8. The link cable also adjusts the contrast on the DMG when I plug it in and the GBA powers on when I connect to two. Not sure if this is normal or not.

Memphis, TN

Actually that was the solution! the link cable had a wire connecting pin 4 so all I had to do was cut it and now it works great! thanks Gala!

Brittany

I'm happy that it helps. Have fun with your setup.

Nanoloop mono is my favorite nanoloop version, I hope you enjoy it!
(i would be really happy to listen to the music you make with nanoloop, so don't hesitate to share)

Last edited by Gala (Apr 13, 2019 4:28 pm)

Memphis, TN

Thanks I already am! I plan on recording something with this setup soon, but here's something I recorded recently with some analog drone synths and nanoloop mono: https://soundcloud.com/phenepsylamine/d … 19/s-seuCP

Brittany

It's quite cool! What did you use for the kick ?

Last edited by Gala (Apr 13, 2019 9:45 pm)

Memphis, TN

I used nova drone and maximal drone for the drones (obviously), nanoloop mono, microtonic/PO32 for the kick, and bastl kastle added some chaos near the end.