Planet Zaxxon

DJ PREMIER IS MY HERO.

But, It's time to get rid of this thing. I just dont use it anymore since I got a 2000XL. This thing performs 100 percent. The top case has some scuffs, as shown in the pics, and the pads are a little dirty.....  It has a new floppy ($125), OS3.1 (MPC3000 OS, $200 upgrade) and max memory upgrade ($150). I'll throw in a bunch of 720k floppies too. This is the MKII version, equipped with headphone jack.

Taken from VintageSynth:

The MPC-60 is the music production studio that has single-handedly taken over the Rap and R&B music genres as the main instrument of HipHop production. Designed by Roger Linn (Linn Drum), the MPC-60 is a one-box-does-it-all sequencer-sampler workstation.

The built-in sequencer is very complete and professional. There are 99 tracks per sequence, 99 patterns, and 99 sequences that can be created, edited and stored in the MPC-60 with ease. Most artists create their patterns in real-time adding drum parts to a beat-loop spontaneously creating a groove that captures the vibe. These patterns are varied and chained into a sequence. Full MIDI, SMPTE and various other forms of external control prepare the MPC-60 for any studio situation.

The Sampler section is lo-fi but highly respectable. Its 12-bit sampling at 40KHz is pretty good. Sample editing, looping and transforming is simple to do. And finally, there's even a built-in drum machine for extra groove! Finally, the 18 voices of polyphony should be plenty of room for anyone who wants to create HipHop on the machine of professional artists worldwide including Apollo 440, BT, Jean-Michel Jarre, Jimmy Edgar, DJ Shadow, and A Guy Called Gerald.

AND DJ PREMIER YOU BIMBO.

In 1991 the MPC-60 mkII was unleashed. It wasn't much different, the casing and a head-phone jack were new and either machine is still very useful for today's aspiring musicians.

$900 + shipping.

Hit me up for more info

[email protected]

-Carl

I'm not here to post any offers or anything, I just wanna say that it looks like a cash register.

Planet Zaxxon

I COMPLETELY AGREE. thats what I refer to it as. ha

Pretty rad bit of gear but $900 is a lotta bananas .

Last edited by djdiggla (Sep 28, 2010 8:02 pm)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

i heart MPC-60 mk2's! Great piece!

Spokompton
OxygenStar wrote:

the machine of professional artists worldwide including Apollo 440, BT, Jean-Michel Jarre, Jimmy Edgar, DJ Shadow, and A Guy Called Gerald.

I know this isn't the best place to ask but Google's not giving up the goods on this one - which record(s) did Gerald use it on? Did he use it on Black Secret Technology? Cos he's the man.