④ Prokaryote Fight Song
⑤ White House Ejector Seat (2004)
⑥ Antenna (2005)
⑦ Pocket Calculator (2005)
⑧ Astro Zombies
⑨ We Bite
⑩ Winter Wonderland (2002)
⑪ Let It Snow (2003)

Hey y'all — been rounding up all of the tracks I've done outside of the context of my three releases to date, and getting them remastered and making them available in one place. Tracks that were previously exclusive to compilations, tracks I might have casually tossed onto a homepage or a MySpace player for a little while, and a few tracks that never got released at all.

The end result is Maladaptive Strategies, a retrospective series of releases compiling all this old material, and organized loosely by chronology and character. Vol. 1 was released on Thursday, with more volumes to come.

This volume collects material recorded between 2002 and 2005, and some of the bumpier early experiments are, I think, offset by some of my favorite work, like "Not That You Asked" from a Japan-only CD compilation, and "Antenna," the song that appeared on the Kraftwerk tribute album 8-Bit Operators, released in 2007 on Astralwerks.

Vol. 1 has been remastered by Carl Peczynski / Planet Zaxxon, and packaged up in truly breathtaking artwork by Andi Soto.

Stream / download at Bandcamp · https://bit-shifter.bandcamp.com/album/ … gies-vol-1

Stay tuned for future volumes, and thanks for listening.

x_x004 · a Data Casualty release

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 9:06 pm)

Brittany

Your version of Let it snow is my favorite christmas song.