Wheeling, WV

This is seriously one of the worst things I've ever heard. I strongly urge everybody to listen to it for this reason. I think we should do a comp based around this.

1. Whole Lotta Love - (featuring Chris Cornell)

2. Can’t You Hear Me Knockin’ - (featuring Scott Weiland)

3. Sunshine of Your Love - (featuring Rob Thomas)

4. While My Guitar Gently Weeps - (featuring India.Arie/Yo-Yo Ma)

5. Dance the Night Away - (featuring Pat Monahan)

6. Back in Black - (featuring Nas)

7. Riders on the Storm - (featuring Chester Bennington/Ray Manzarek)

8. Smoke on the Water - (featuring Jacoby Shaddix)

9. Photograph - (featuring Chris Daughtry)

10. Bang a Gong - (featuring Gavin Rossdale)

11. Little Wing - (featuring Joe Cocker)

12. I Ain’t Superstitious - (featuring Jonny Lang)

Chicago IL

you're basically complaining about your own shitty taste in music. who listens to santana?

Wheeling, WV

I'm not complaining. I hate Santana.

Ever since stumbling on the track and guest list, I've been anticipating this album for the pure hilarity of it. Just give it a listen to Nas singing "Back In Black" and try not to laugh.

Abandoned on Fire
Saskrotch wrote:

you're basically complaining about your own shitty taste in music. who listens to santana?

Nailed it.

uhajdafdfdfa

I don't notice that the tracks got any worse particularly (well, how could they? tongue), but maybe they didn't really get any better either.

Unsubscribe

Once upon a time, a woman was picking up firewood. She came upon a poisonous snake frozen in the snow. She took the snake home and nursed it back to health. One day the snake bit her on the cheek. As she lay dying, she asked the snake, "Why have you done this to me?" And the snake answered, "Look, bitch, you knew I was a snake."

PDX, PDX

Santana has never been good, how is this news?

astral cat
herr_prof wrote:

Once upon a time, a woman was picking up firewood. She came upon a poisonous snake frozen in the snow. She took the snake home and nursed it back to health. One day the snake bit her on the cheek. As she lay dying, she asked the snake, "Why have you done this to me?" And the snake answered, "Look, bitch, you knew I was a snake."

HAHAHA.

Washington DC

Carlos Santana's music after the 70's is so insanely ridiculously bizarre. I kind of love it in the same way I love terrible movies.

Wheeling, WV
Dauragon wrote:

Carlos Santana's music after the 70's is so insanely ridiculously bizarre. I kind of love it in the same way I love terrible movies.

This. Honestly, if you take everything in, this whole thing is hilarious.

Oh... And there are two bonus tracks.

One of them being "Fortunate Son" sang by Scott Stapp of Creed.

Just the choices of songs and singers is amazing. The dude from Papa Roach, the dude from Creed, the dude from Bush, Nas, the dude from Train, the dude from Matchbox 20, the dude from Stone Temple Pilots. Basically, "Let's do a bunch of classic rock songs. Who should sing them? The people furthest away from classic rock possible."

I really want to know who the brains of organizing the personnel was. I have a feeling it was the same people in charge of the 2001 Super Bowl halftime show or the same people involved in the "Addams Groove"

All they were missing was "Purple Rain" sang by Billy Corgan and Courtney Love

Unsubscribe

Not to rain twice on the thread, but all those singers are THE NEW CLASSIC ROCK.

Makes you question the quality of classic rock, doesnt it?

San Francisco
Saskrotch wrote:

who listens to santana?

Melbourne, Australia
Saskrotch wrote:

This. Santana isn't even on my radar, why is it on yours?

hardcore, Australia

I felt bad when i was given an al di meola album that was like this.

Dude used to play with return to forever, now he's doing macy gray collabs.

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

Chiptune

BOSTON
Dauragon wrote:

well if i remember correctly, all of the music of the band "Santana" was actually written by the keyboardist, hahaha. So yeah, Carlos Santana himself might have just always sucked.

I personally can't stand noodly guitar-face-guy blues-box music.