Hi!
I’m wondering if someone knows a way of making LGPT sync to an external clock signal (either by midi or analog pulse, from a volca or modular).
I like the tracker but don’t want it to be my master clock (I have gear that doesn’t send a clock signal and therefore I use an KORG EMX-1 detect its tempo and then I sync everything from the emx).
If it’s not possible, do you have any idea of a similar tracker that can be synced to an external clock source.

detroit

schismtracker, renoise, milkytracker. a lot of sample based trackers have midi support

Czech Republic

You can send analog clock directly from Piggy (using one audio channel for Clock and second for audio from Piggy)
to your modular / volcas
https://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/1869 … ne/page/2/

Or you can use some Midi to CV / Gate converter

Anyway both cases Piggy has to be a Master.

I didn't use Piggy for a while, I don't remember if it could act as Midi slave and sync to midiclock...

detroit

it can’t

Thank for all your suggestions. I think I have to accept that it won’t do all the things I want and turn that into something creative.
I have used DS10 and M01 free running and then used the “auto-BPM” on a Korg EMX to sync to their tempo. This is the reason for wanting piggy as slave, so it can play in sync with a DS. Otherwise I’ll sample either the DS or piggy and play it as a loop, problem solved.
To be honest though, I haven’t tried how close their tempo is, maybe they can run together without to much drifting in tempo :-)
Have to try it!

Czech Republic

I think DS10 and M01 can run as slave under wifimidi but.. I didn't get in this that deep... Everything seems a little bit difficult to set up...

Unsubscribe

you might have good results just manually starting it at the same time as your master, it is pretty solid timing.

Milwaukee, WI

I'll play b2b sets with LSDJ and LGPT (on PSP), where I just beatmatch them in my headphones using the cue on my mixer. The tempo is wonderfully consistent BUT getting it to start on the beat can be quite tricky. Idk if the start button on the PSP is just unresponsive, but even with tap tempo beatmatching is tough.

NUMBSKULL
Theta_Frost wrote:

I'll play b2b sets with LSDJ and LGPT (on PSP), where I just beatmatch them in my headphones using the cue on my mixer. The tempo is wonderfully consistent BUT getting it to start on the beat can be quite tricky. Idk if the start button on the PSP is just unresponsive, but even with tap tempo beatmatching is tough.

have seen this live and I long for the day I see it again

Unsubscribe
Theta_Frost wrote:

have you tried mapping start to one of the spare action buttons? JAM IT ON THE ONE

Milwaukee, WI
herr_prof wrote:
Theta_Frost wrote:

have you tried mapping start to one of the spare action buttons? JAM IT ON THE ONE

I'll give it a shot! I hope it is just a delay with the button and not with the software. LSDJ starts IMMEDIATELY on the button press.

detroit
Theta_Frost wrote:

i dead sync my psps for piggy sets and have never had a problem. you might need to open that hog up and clean your contacts

IL, US

In theory, you should be able to map an incoming MIDI note to whichever button you're using for tap tempo
Been meaning to try it myself, but haven't gotten to it yet

Unsubscribe

midi map ONLY works on desktop builds, and I only tested it on raspi personally

IL, US
herr_prof wrote:

midi map ONLY works on desktop builds, and I only tested it on raspi personally

True, but since OP didn't specify what device they use with piggy I figured it was worth mentioning