Tokyo, Japan

liked it.

YMCK over the credits. nice.

Turku, FIN
celsius wrote:
godinpants wrote:

Maybe because you are watching it on the already WAY TOO SMALL internet video player?

This was my thought.

23 inch and fullscreen is too small?

vgx wrote:

Don't be afraid to have an opinion man!

NEVER!

edit: 25 was 23.

Last edited by KeFF (Sep 24, 2010 2:17 pm)

Melbourne, Australia
KeFF wrote:
celsius wrote:

This was my thought.

25 inch and fullscreen is too small?

Yeah... pretty much. I get the feeling this was meant for a cinema screening.

Turku, FIN
celsius wrote:
KeFF wrote:

Then they should screen it in cinema, not vimeo?

New York City
celsius wrote:
KeFF wrote:

Even with a gigantic screen, everything is smeared together. The rendering should change for those scenes so objects could stand out better against the background. I think it's more than a size issue, the main character is really unreadable in those 2.5D parts.

Turku, FIN

Akira knows his shit!

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

i really like the "boss battle" music.
and the ending credits reminded me of the lupin III tv show credits.

Montréal

The 8-bit parts (except the YMCK song of course) were made by a friend, Yann Van Der Cruyssen.

http://www.nurykabe.com/

Last edited by Zombipnok (Sep 24, 2010 3:13 pm)

Montréal
KeFF wrote:

Also in the 2D parts, it's really hard to understand what is happening.

Totally agree with you, I had to watch it several times before understanding what was going on ^^

Melbourne, Australia

Sure the graphics aren't everything that they could be (although I think for people who don't have the awareness of some of the people on here might not have an issue with the quality since they don't know any better smile )  but its a fun little piece, has a nice story and has some great music on it. I wish it spent more time in 8bit mode though personally.

BOSTON

Nice production value! I'm a plebeian, so I had no issues with the graphics, even with the small character on the action sequences (to me it just seemed like a smashbrothers reference or something. The nostalgia vibe was kind of iffy for me, and I *really* hate that "grizzled guy running with a gun style" (like those damn stickwarz games on newgrounds) ...but the "megaman" 'tunes for the vertical part was pretty sweet.

Brooklyn NY US

ITT: harmless video provokes intense feelings.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

I thought it was good...

Montréal
Zombipnok wrote:

The 8-bit parts (except the YMCK song of course) were made by a friend, Yann Van Der Cruyssen.

http://www.nurykabe.com/

Forgot to add that you can download the songs he made for the short movie here >> http://www.nurykabe.com/musique/8bitsOST.zip

Olympia, WA

4mat and bitshifter are the peoples who's posts i identify with the most. dunno why theres so much hatin'.

I also had a hard time telling what was going on during the 2d scenes