Melbourne, Australia

I have to say one of the nice things about people knowing we run SoundBytes is that any time anyone finds anything "8-bit" or "chipmusic" I get an email or a message left on facebook.

Usually they're things I've seen before, but this is the one I got today - A mini movie called 8bits. It's pretty win smile

rochester, ny

yeah, this is definitely rad.

matt's mind

that IS pretty win big_smile

New York City

The CGI is ugly, specially character-wise (the render looks OK but I think nowadays it's relatively easy to achieve such a rendering)
I only like how it switches to 2.5D and it keeps the charm of the old games pretty intact. Other than that, mmm.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Sep 23, 2010 2:28 pm)

Melbourne, Australia

That was awesome!

Turku, FIN
akira^8GB wrote:

The CGI is ugly, specially character-wise (the render looks OK but I think nowadays it's relatively easy to achieve such a rendering)
I only like how it switches to 2.5D and it keeps the charm of the old games pretty intact. Other than that, mmm.

Also in the 2D parts, it's really hard to understand what is happening. I'm not sure if this is cool or not.

The whole damn thing is nice, CGI and all.  Most of all I identify with the fundamental story.  I feel like I am the guy in the boxer shorts sometimes... like I know it's futile; that's why I was chillin mindin my own bidness... but that fat bastard just won't shut the fuck up.... so I got to drag my ass to now and fuck shit up just because I can.. pointless as it seems.. it's got to be done.. out of principle.

New York City
KeFF wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

Also in the 2D parts, it's really hard to understand what is happening. I'm not sure if this is cool or not.

True.

Unsubscribe

yea the 2d avatar is WAY TOO SMALL

hardcore, Australia

Maybe because you are watching it on the already WAY TOO SMALL internet video player?

Melbourne, Australia
godinpants wrote:

Maybe because you are watching it on the already WAY TOO SMALL internet video player?

This was my thought.

Philly, PA, USA

also, either in the video or the video player, the frame rate isn't good enough to be able to tell where he's going at that speed

Brisbane, Australia

Pretty cool stuff, I like the style even if the 2d to 3d jumps seem a bit jarring sometimes hehe.

KeFF wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

Don't be afraid to have an opinion man!

Melbourne, Australia
vgx wrote:

Don't be afraid to have an opinion man!

This is my number one gripe with "the scene" in general. Thankfully I've never come accross that problem in my own backyard. Hopefully I never will.

Washington DC

I thought it was pretty awesome.  I watched it in full screen and didn't really have much of a problem following what's going on. The way zoomed out 2d look is akin to the new 360 Castlevania or Bionic Commando: Re-armed. Very obviously designed to be displayed on a giant wide screen.

Anahiem, CA

Very awesome. Its very well done from the beginning to the end. During the 2D climb, it was hard for me to keep track, but once I found him, I never lost him.