the valley

here's a thread for sharing and discussing techniques for getting the most out of your m8

VA, USA

First step: Obtain a m8.

This is a WIP tutorial. More will be posted in the future.

the valley

synthesizing kick drums can be done by using the wavsynth instrument mode, setting the oscillator to sine, and mapping ENV1 or ENV2 to the PITCH parameter. changing the ENV amount and DECAY will allow you to dial in the pitch slide.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

I’m back, baby!

the valley

from LLTH on the dirtywave discord server:

"This utility, when used in RYTM mode, can make equally spaced multi-sample WAV files ideal for sliced kits in M8."

http://www.ticticelectro.com/2017/08/26 … iner-v1-3/

ellen_page returns! Oh joyous day!

San Francisco

Gang's all here!!!

i need an M8 in my life plz

Unsubscribe

https://github.com/DirtyWave/M8HeadlessFirmware

sorry if my question is stupid but does this link mean i can try out the m8 if i have a teensy 4.1?

Geneva, NY
theskyis256k wrote:

sorry if my question is stupid but does this link mean i can try out the m8 if i have a teensy 4.1?

YES!

France Eure Et Loire

For the headless, is there a way to make it works with linux computer or with raspbian raspberry pi?

Last edited by MazHoot (Jan 20, 2021 8:41 am)

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
MazHoot wrote:

For the headless, is there a way to make it works with linux computer or with raspbian raspberry pi?

Yeah, works totally fine on Linux. You'll probably want to use jackd to route the audio for low latency.

France

@jefftheworld

Finally I had a lot of response on the dirtywave discord. At a moment I had it working on my raspberry pi with retropie (launching a script.sh in the retropie setting menu with the gamepad). And I successfully changed m8c code for recognize my sness usb gamepad. And at a moment I had sound working too, and midi if I don't change the usb port where is plugged midi interface. But when trying to configure things, I get no sound at all on my raspberry pi (even in retropie emulators like on lsdj). The only thing which is working good now without considering real m8 device is LGPT + midi interface + usb audio interface. Works great like you can see on this video I made :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I754BL … Jxl4AaABAg

(you just need some times restart gamecube or quit LGPT and go again in it and/or change usb midi interface to nothing and select again usb midi interface in the menu, but it works a long time without doing anything so it's a really playable configuration.

For the m8, I now have the real device (yess!!!!) and I can connect it to usb on my raspberry pi and if I start m8c from retropie, it connect automatically with real m8 instead of teensy and so I can control real m8 with my gamepad and see it on big screen tv. Sometimes I had some audio crash and a little hum which seems can be resolved with something like audio mass isolator (I didn't tried it yet). But if you put your m8 level at maximum, it's not very noticeable.