Can I sync NL to LSDJ using a GBA and the Gamecube Gameboy Player? I've got them gamelinked cable connected, nanoloop set to external sync, LSDJ set to 'Nano' but when I hit start on LSDJ the nanoloop doesn't respond. Is Nanoloop supposed to start automatically running?
My biggest concern is that I was about to buy a midi sync to use with the gameboy player and if the player isn't compatible I'll be SOL.

IL, US

it should work, ive never used it for connecting to another game boy (i used it with the nanoloop midisync cable a few times though with it working fine)...first thing id do is try just switching which end of the cable is plugged into each device (that works sometimes on shitty cables), then try a different link cable
if neither of these work, post which versions of nanoloop & lsdj you're using, and ill try and look into it this weekend

Chicago IL

or buy a gameboy, amirite?

IL, US

he wants to use a game cube, so let him smile
they actually sound really clear, just a bitch that theyre far less portable

oh, extra thought: if youre in song mode in nanoloop, you need to set it to external, enter the song sequencer screen, then hit start, before you start playback on LSDJ

Seems to be working now. Not sure what I did differently. May have been the gamelink cable. I switched it around like you suggested. Thanks.

Chicago IL
e.s.c. wrote:

they actually sound really clear, just a bitch that theyre far less portable

yeah i wasnt saying anything about the sound, just that a live set would require a tv screen as well, or at least a really annoying modification to put a screen on the GC itself.

IL, US

or memorizing the button presses to get into the song you wish to play, though that sounds like hell

Machopatty wrote:

Can I sync NL to LSDJ using a GBA and the Gamecube Gameboy Player? I've got them gamelinked cable connected, nanoloop set to external sync, LSDJ set to 'Nano' but when I hit start on LSDJ the nanoloop doesn't respond. Is Nanoloop supposed to start automatically running?
My biggest concern is that I was about to buy a midi sync to use with the gameboy player and if the player isn't compatible I'll be SOL.

i could build midi into your gamecube player if you like?

Los Angeles

Uhm... I'm pretty sure nano mode in lsdj is for slaving to nanoloop, not the other was around. Therefore nanoloop doesn't need to be in external mode... I could be wrong, it's been years. Either way the connectors are the same so it should work fine.

D D D Detroit, not the burbs
e.s.c. wrote:

or memorizing the button presses to get into the song you wish to play, though that sounds like hell

well id suggest checking out a local thrift store, they sell old tv's really small ones too, you might be able to find one with the jacks you need, and if your really lucky you can find one thats battery powered.  Now im not positive about anything, but they are so dirt cheap it would at least be worth looking into.

Chicago IL

yeah, e.s.c., DUH. you shouldn't of said that about TVs

I like using the television, bigger screen and if you're dicking around for three hours you really start appreciating it.