Philly, PA, USA
Piksel Blue wrote:

by hardware i mean anything out side of your comps keyboard and mouse.

ok... that's just not usually what people would think of. I mean, if you're using a midi keyboard with ableton or whatever, that's really software based, just using a hardware interface, as opposed to using an actual synthesizer? i don't know, that's what i think, but whatever

IL, US
Dauragon wrote:

I started out software. Now I am 100% hardware. Blame esc.

corrupt'd smile

Jessup, Maryland
pixls wrote:
Piksel Blue wrote:

by hardware i mean anything out side of your comps keyboard and mouse.

ok... that's just not usually what people would think of. I mean, if you're using a midi keyboard with ableton or whatever

yay thats basically what i do
i use a midi key with fl studio
i would consider that hybrid but i dont know that for a fact

Chicago IL

thats just software. the keyboard isnt creating any sounds, it's controlling your software. it's just a controller.

Jessup, Maryland
Saskrotch wrote:

thats just software. the keyboard isnt creating any sounds, it's controlling your software. it's just a controller.

oooh some im software
*the more you know*

☺☺☺

I probably write the most with Lsdj and Nanoloop, they have proven to recept my brainwaves in a matter that is suitable and streamlined for my boredom ratio (what)

I have a few drum machines, a xoxmathing, and a micron, Ive probably written two whole tracks using solely these things. I have hundreds of single wank patterns that need to be worked on. With software ive found I dont hit the same brick wall mentally, I can just ctrl+s and ctrl+n with my random direction smile

Unsubscribe

results trump technique.

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

for me it's hybrid.
since technically software is controlling the hardware.

Washington DC
e.s.c. wrote:
Dauragon wrote:

I started out software. Now I am 100% hardware. Blame esc.

corrupt'd smile

My wallet hates you, Kevin.

*hugs his mini kp*

Nashville, Tennessee

a lot of hardware nowadays has the ability to be controlled via software, like providing midi data in logic for your c64 via mssiah. best of both worlds! big_smile

England

There's something really nice and satisfying about using pure hardware.

I guess one of the best parts of it is that you don't need to go anywhere near a fucking souless PC/Mac to make music or have any access to the internet to distract you.

Last edited by Jellica (Oct 5, 2010 12:02 pm)

East Kilbride, Scotland

I've really tried to do the hybrid approach, but I haven't yet made anything that I'd want to listen to on a PC or a Mac.

Having a limitless approach with any number of sounds and instruments doesn't help me at all. I'd rather be restricted by my own talent (on the guitar) or by CPU capabilities (on something like a Game Boy).

D D D Detroit, not the burbs

i use mostly hardware now but my computer barely functions to post crap like this, so obviously hardware but i would like to dabble around on a compy every now and again, im not opposed to the idea or anything.

Brazil

Piggy software on chinese hardware.

Jellica wrote:

There's something really nice and satisfying about using pure hardware.

I guess one of the best parts of it is that you don't need to go anywhere near a fucking souless PC/Mac to make music or have any access to the internet to distract you.

this just in : PC/Mac is hardware.

Philly, PA, USA

EDIT: that post was stupid, sorry

Last edited by pixls (Oct 6, 2010 2:57 am)