East Kilbride, Scotland
Piksel Blue wrote:

im just not good at this marketing stuff
i just make the product i dont know how to push it
i need a manager or something

I disagree, by playing this part of being a moronic, newbie type of guy your music has attracted more attention in the last few days than a lot of artists who deserve the attention.

Jessup, Maryland
Sycamore Drive wrote:
Piksel Blue wrote:

im just not good at this marketing stuff
i just make the product i dont know how to push it
i need a manager or something

I disagree, by playing this part of being a moronic, newbie type of guy your music has attracted more attention in the last few days than a lot of artists who deserve the attention.

Well why would you say something like that friend? I've never done any wrong to you.

Unsubscribe

dis·in·gen·u·ous/ˌdisinˈjenyo͞oəs/
Adjective: Not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

Jessup, Maryland
herr_prof wrote:

dis·in·gen·u·ous/ˌdisinˈjenyo͞oəs/
Adjective: Not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

Do you mean ive been disingenuous of my knowledge of chipmusic or what i did to be called a moronic newb.
lol you know its funny, ive been called a troll multiple times although ive never been rude, called anyone out of name, nor have i left hateful comments on anyones thread. sigh....life.

Jessup, Maryland
kineticturtle wrote:
Piksel Blue wrote:

Thats gotta be false
my hip hop been doing that for 3 years and im pretty sure noone knows my name

It is definitely true. If you're going to be a maker of anything, you should be practicing every day, and most of what you make will be just practice.

agreed
i practice lots and i think ive improved alot over this past month but i could stand to do better in many aspects of my music.
thats why i put it online to get criticism and see were i can get better.
some of its good some of its bad.

Westfield, NJ
Piksel Blue wrote:
Decktonic wrote:

Tell us, why do you think that is?

i dont think i understand the question

Um, lemme see here...

Piksel Blue wrote:

noone knows my name

WHY DOES NO ONE KNOW YOUR NAME, AFTER 3 YEARS OF MAKING HIP HOP MUSIC? IS IT BECAUSE THE MUSIC IS BAD OR BECAUSE YOU SUCK AT MARKETING? And do you rap or do you just make beats?

Last edited by Decktonic (Oct 6, 2010 1:12 am)

Jessup, Maryland
Decktonic wrote:
Piksel Blue wrote:

i dont think i understand the question

Um, lemme see here...

Piksel Blue wrote:

noone knows my name

WHY DOES NO ONE KNOW YOUR NAME, AFTER 3 YEARS OF MAKING HIP HOP MUSIC? IS IT BECAUSE THE MUSIC IS BAD OR BECAUSE YOU SUCK AT MARKETING? And do you rap or do you just make beats?

whoa i dont think there a need for the rage caps. 0.o
im pretty sure you misread the the post. i dont think anyone knows my name because i havent put any of my hiphop out there, its been in my music folder for 3 years. as for it being bad or good, its not as good as it could be but its definitley not at its worst, like i said before i could use improvment. also i feel like you think, i think im a pro, am i wrong.
edit: almost forgot no im not a rapper

Last edited by Piksel Blue (Oct 6, 2010 1:24 am)

Westfield, NJ
Piksel Blue wrote:

i dont think anyone knows my name because i havent put any of my hiphop out there, its been in my music folder for 3 years. as for it being bad or good, its not as good as it could be but its definitley not at its worst, like i said before i could use improvment. also i feel like you think, i think im a pro, am i wrong.
edit: almost forgot no im not a rapper

Yes well here's the thing. You haven't been making hip hop for 3 years. You've been making beats for 3 years. And while it has been very good practice, beats are a dime-a-dozen. I'm a firm believer that you won't ever get noticed just for making beats. Still, you answered your own question; no one knows your name because you haven't made anything special in the past 3 years and you haven't shared anything or marketed yourself in that time.

So now you want to do chipmusic because you feel like it will get you more exposure. Well, ha ha. That's silly. I won't argue with your choice though. What I will tell you is this:

In order to really make it as an artist, and I mean, not everyone knows you because you troll some online message board, but, everyone knows you because they really like your music, you need to have a handful of really amazing tracks, rather than hundreds of mediocre ones. There are lots of mediocre songs out there. Thousands. Tens of thousands. Can you name any off the top of your head? Neither can I. So sure, you can make a bunch of crappy songs and share them on 8bc or chipmusic.org, but you will probably just be wasting your time. What you need to do is make a handful (3 or 4, really) that are AMAZING. And if it takes you a whole year to make those 3 or 4 songs, well, it will be much more rewarding than making 400 mediocre songs in that same amount of time. And when it comes to chip music, or any type of electronic music, you have your work cut out for you... it has to be interesting, creative, daring, and unique. Think about that. And good luck to you. There are a lot of people in the same boat. Just remember that good music markets itself. Period.

Jessup, Maryland

1. Im not making chipmusic because i think ill get better exposure to be real im not all that interested in fame, its just as of late i thought it would just be cool if other people actually heard it, ive just been making it because i thought it would be fun and it has been.

2. Its become very obvious to me that you ,nor many people who have posted on my threads, dont actually know what a troll is. A troll is basically some one who leaves rude/hateful comments on a forum/message board with the simple intent of being a dick, ive done nothing of the sort. I have however experienced that on this site and worst of all on my first thread were i clearly stated "i am new" meaning i know nothing of any rules outside of the ones shown to me when i joined

3. Not to sound like an asshole but i really dont care what people think of what i make, i do want criticism and pointers and so on but at the end of the day its all about what makes me happy, if i like it, its great. I dont know why i make this stuff
im not into fame and money would be cool but thats not im after......i guess ill never know.I appreciate your comment but i dont think were going to see eye to eye on this and i would like to end the conversation with the little civility left.

Last edited by Piksel Blue (Oct 6, 2010 3:04 am)

Matthew Joseph Payne
Decktonic wrote:

you need to have a handful of really amazing tracks, rather than hundreds of mediocre ones

or both

The Bronx
Decktonic wrote:

I'm a firm believer that you won't ever get noticed just for making beats.

If you want to believe in anyone, believe in DJ Premier.

Jessup, Maryland
minusbaby wrote:
Decktonic wrote:

If you want to believe in anyone, believe in DJ Premier.

hell yay
put group home on the map

brooklyn!
Decktonic wrote:

dilla.

Philly/NY
likeluke wrote:
Decktonic wrote:

dilla.

owned~~~~

Jessup, Maryland
enso wrote:
likeluke wrote:

dilla.

owned~~~~

omg i think im gonna bust a nut lol
while were at it
mf doom (srry idk how to show pics

Last edited by Piksel Blue (Oct 6, 2010 4:40 am)

Chicago IL

this is all really repetitive. and simple. it's like you were more interested in having finished songs than spending time on writing them.