The Bronx

I have lost my faith in Decktonic.

The Bronx

Especially because you made a very similar thread several weeks ago, "ARTISTS MANAGEMENT?", and are now giving shit to whom I once thought was Saskrotch fucking around with us, Piksel Blue.

Milwaukee, WI

Fuck this entire thread.

Westfield, NJ
Piksel Blue wrote:

2. Its become very obvious to me that you ,nor many people who have posted on my threads, dont actually know what a troll is. A troll is basically some one who leaves rude/hateful comments on a forum/message board with the simple intent of being a dick, ive done nothing of the sort. I have however experienced that on this site and worst of all on my first thread were i clearly stated "i am new" meaning i know nothing of any rules outside of the ones shown to me when i joined

3. Not to sound like an asshole but i really dont care what people think of what i make, i do want criticism and pointers and so on but at the end of the day its all about what makes me happy, if i like it, its great. I dont know why i make this stuff
im not into fame and money would be cool but thats not im after......i guess ill never know.I appreciate your comment but i dont think were going to see eye to eye on this and i would like to end the conversation with the little civility left.

Whatever man, people like myself are trying to give you advice but it sounds like I'm telling you to spend more time on your songs and it's going like this:

you wrote:

I wish more people knew about me. Here, listen to my songs and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

me wrote:

Well, you need to spend more time on your music, you need to have some really amazing tracks to get attention.

you wrote:

whatever man, I don't care whether people like me or not, I don't want fame or fortune, I'm just having fun.

I sure spent a lot of time typing all that advice up there. Thanks for wasting my time. I won't bug you any more!

Westfield, NJ
minusbaby wrote:

See above man. I know I called Piksel a troll early on but I'm really trying to be helpful! Anyway I'm out of this thread, I never wanted to get on your shit list or anyone else's.

A gray world of dread
Piksel Blue wrote:

2. Its become very obvious to me that you ,nor many people who have posted on my threads, dont actually know what a troll is. A troll is basically some one who leaves rude/hateful comments on a forum/message board with the simple intent of being a dick

Nope. That's a 'dick'. The word 'Troll' doesn't come from the goblinoid creature, but from 'trolling'- like, throwing a bait out for fishing. The idea is that you make people rage at each other for no sane reason, while keeping your own hands clean. The classic example is posting 'What do you think is better, StarTrek or Star Wars?' on a SciFi board.
Faking innocence and ineptitude are classic ways of fueling fires; not saying you did that, but that's why people brought it up.

The Bronx
Decktonic wrote:
minusbaby wrote:

See above man. I know I called Piksel a troll early on but I'm really trying to be helpful! Anyway I'm out of this thread, I never wanted to get on your shit list or anyone else's.

You're not on my shit list. I just thought I'd point out the obvious before things got more embarrassing.

brb making beats

Liverpool, UK

BRB = Block Rockin' Beats

The Bronx
calmdownkidder wrote:

BRB = Block Rockin' Beats

Jessup, Maryland
you wrote:

whatever man, I don't care whether people like me or not, I don't want fame or fortune, I'm just having fun.

I sure spent a lot of time typing all that advice up there. Thanks for wasting my time. I won't bug you any more!

sigh-_- you make it sound like i just said "yeah whatever man fuck off"
you have given me some good advice in my time here at least you did until you switched up on me and i became troll
just because i dont completely agree with your post doesnt mean im blowing you off, i still to some extent value your opinion that was the "i appreciate your comment" part of my reply

Yuma, AZ

Very nice stuff you've got going on in here. Very relaxing in my office right now. smile

[edit] Old Skool Vidia Game is beautiful. smile [/edit]

Last edited by 10spd (Oct 6, 2010 4:07 pm)

Jessup, Maryland
theAutomaton wrote:

Very nice stuff you've got going on in here. Very relaxing in my office right now. smile

[edit] Old Skool Vidia Game is beautiful. smile [/edit]

why thank you sir

BOSTON

man, this thread makes me so sad.

Westfield, NJ
Piksel Blue wrote:
you wrote:

you have given me some good advice in my time here at least you did until you switched up on me and i became troll
just because i dont completely agree with your post doesnt mean im blowing you off, i still to some extent value your opinion that was the "i appreciate your comment" part of my reply

I was trying to figure out why you thought people were calling you a troll. I couldn't remember calling you that myself. So I searched through all 4 pages of this thread. And this is the first instance I found of anyone using the word:

Decktonic wrote:

In order to really make it as an artist, and I mean, not everyone knows you because you troll some online message board, but, everyone knows you because they really like your music, you need to have a handful of really amazing tracks, rather than hundreds of mediocre ones.

I have to make a very important correction... when I said "troll," I wasn't referring to you (Piksel Blue). I was just using that as a general term to refer to some people in the past who spend a lot of time trolling on 8bc and chipmusic.org, and then share some mediocre songs, and get more listens than other artists that work hard on making good music but don't spend time in the forums. I didn't think, at any point during this thread, that you were being a troll and I was trying to give you serious advice. I wanted to clear the air because by page 3 of this thread it seemed like some comments were making me out to be jerk and I couldn't understand what I had said to cause that.

Jessup, Maryland
Decktonic wrote:
Piksel Blue wrote:

I was trying to figure out why you thought people were calling you a troll. I couldn't remember calling you that myself. So I searched through all 4 pages of this thread. And this is the first instance I found of anyone using the word:

dude you called me a troll at-least twice on my first thread
and just because you may not like it doesnt make it mediocre
i dont like Beethoven that doesnt mean he sucks im just not into classical.

))<>((
kineticturtle wrote:

If you're going to be a maker of anything, you should be practicing every day, and most of what you make will be just practice.