Get it here
Website

A while back Mahoney did that "c64 mp3" demo.  Now he adds realtime timestretch,auto tune,vocoder,sub bass, equalizer, delay, distortion, bitcrunch, compression and dither to the mix. smile

New York City

What the hell, this is sickness!

England

Oh yes! Great!

california

no way...

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Great show! smile

Unsubscribe

awesome, my dp/2 better watch out fo a noisier, crappier brother.

AANABAY01

it's amazing just reading ze text

So cool! I got a uIEC/SD for my birthday so I'll have to test this out soon... if it works on NTSC machines. hmm

New York City

I still gotta get my SD2IEC working. I think this is a good chance big_smile

England

the cheering on this vid made me fucking LOL

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

hehe, it was amazing!
the 'girl screams' would be me wink

UK

*grin* yea it was amazing at the party smile

England

That video is astonishing. I cannot believe the Commie can do all this in real time.

I am tempted to dig my XE cable out and try this on my real C-64, as I'm having great difficulty believing this is possible!

It's a shame, I always hated Suzanne Vega.

The Netherlands

The demo compo at X was amazing enough, but hearing everyone gasp at every new effect (me included tongue) was quite extraordinary big_smile

And for the record, Suzanna Vega was probably chosen because this particular track served as some kind of benchmark during the development of the MP3 format (the track apparently is a bitch to compress with acceptable quality).

The whitepaper - where Mahoney goes into more depth about how he realized the effects - is also worth reading (or skipping through tongue). http://www.livet.se/mahoney/c64-files/C … vesson.pdf

Rochester, NY

it seems almost too good to be true, but def have my fingers crossed on this project

England
Alpha C wrote:

And for the record, Suzanna Vega was probably chosen because this particular track served as some kind of benchmark during the development of the MP3 format (the track apparently is a bitch to compress with acceptable quality).

Ah yes, I remember reading now that the Fraunhofer dev who gave us MP3 was rather fond of using that particular 'pella for his experiments.

I'll look further. Thanks for the reminder!