Cleveland, OH

Now stocking ASM buttons for installation or just for purchase!
http://thursdaycustoms.bigcartel.com/pr … sm-buttons

Cleveland, OH

Full RGB Kits are now available!
http://thursdaycustoms.bigcartel.com/pr … l-rgb-kits

Austin, TX

Daaaamn, those RGB kits are nice! Definitely putting one of those in my next clear DMG.

Cleveland, OH

Thanks!
Here's one I just finished up:

Austin, TX

Great work as always! Every time I see one of your GB's it just inspires me more and more! Keep it up!
Oh btw, random question that hopefully you could help with, but you're one of the bigger modders still around and I was curious as to what title you describe your job with? I'm in the process of making some business cards and I can't think of an appropriate job title that describes modding gameboys and nintendos for a living haha.

Cleveland, OH

My description is usually pretty long.. I tell most people that wouldn't be interested that I fix video game consoles.
Other wise:
"I modify vintage video game consoles for the purpose of retro gaming and musical composition"

Austin, TX

Ah, that's very helpful, thanks a lot man!

matt's mind

explaining this is really hard, actually.  its hard to come up with a quick title that wraps it up.

i've started using "boutique electronics" as a phrase, seems to help.

just mentioning older video game consoles means you've got to listen to everyone's story about their old coleco/intelli/whatever-vision.  and how it might or might not work anymore...

DC

say, Justin, how do you take care of any scratches on the cases? your finished pieces look brand new.

Cleveland, OH
kitsch wrote:

just mentioning older video game consoles means you've got to listen to everyone's story about their old coleco/intelli/whatever-vision.  and how it might or might not work anymore...

This..

DotMatrix wrote:

say, Justin, how do you take care of any scratches on the cases? your finished pieces look brand new.

I clean them with warm water and mild soap if necessary. I don't sell any cases that are in bad condition by any means. A lot of times scratches look much worse than they are though because dirt has been ground in over the years. So cleaning them makes them go away!

Cleveland, OH

Little preview of the a new audio filter board I'm working on simply called "DMG Audio"

And something nice looking you may be able to buy on Kitsch-bent.com soon:

matt's mind

dayum

buffalo, NY

what does the filter do?

Cleveland, OH
danimal cannon wrote:

what does the filter do?

Nothing special!
As of right now it's just smaller replacement. The purpose is to leave more room on the bottom left if you want to put RCA jacks there or a knob for a variable clock instead of having to remove the speaker. It may sound cleaner as well since it is all new caps and resistors.

Last edited by thursdaycustoms (Dec 5, 2012 1:34 am)

my mom's basement

I may have to pick up one of those RGB boys, tis the season to buy lots of stuff after all.

Cleveland, OH
Catf1sh wrote:

I may have to pick up one of those RGB boys, tis the season to buy lots of stuff after all.

That's true! But as a warning it's too late now to order something and get it before Christmas wink