Melbourne, Australia

Hey I saw these waveforms on your website last week, cool stuff man.

Tacoma WA
Adventure Kid wrote:

I have made a lot of one cycle waveforms and know i'm looking for a hardware synth to use these in (that is easy to use). I use them in Sytrus right now. I would like something with analogue filters, I think...

I've gotten some suggestion but would like to hear if you got any tips.

i'm not sure if the ultranova's are user loadable or not

http://www.novationmusic.com/us/product … th+engine/

Tokyo, Japan

Try the Shruthi 1! 3 different filter boards to choose from, buildable, hackable with wavetable synthesis.

Stockholm

I will get the shrutni 1, they are making a search engine and a tool to build wavetables from my waveforms so you can just load it into the shrutni 1. The shrutni 1 is mono voiced, no?

Sweden
Adventure Kid wrote:

Yeah... Not the same thing... Soundblaster sound card does not do wavetable, they do sound fonts and that stuff (their marketing guy seems to like wavetables though)... I allready use them on the comp I want something more stand alone. The one cycle waveforms are on my website, do you understand? They are just oscillator shapes, what wavetables are made of... I've got some ideas what I could use but nothing that is simple and fast to get the waveforms into... I gonna get a shrutni-1 but I don't think I will get many waveforms into it...

To be fair, the soundfont format and the sound blasters are by actually very well capable of wavetable synthesis by design.

Stockholm

No they're not (not the ones I have owned) soundfontplayers in genereally fails when it comes to playing one cycle waveforms. they can't do it correctly. So well in theory it should work, but it doesn't... I have worked with soundfonts as a sounddesigner and the way to make soundfonts with one cycles sound OK is to have multiple cycles. Then it's not a wave table anymore, and it's a lot of work.

Now I'm feeling I am coming of as a dick again smile

It's good advice I got here monomachine + shrutni it might well be. Just ordered some furniture so I guess I have to wait a month or so. I'm bad at prioritizing the right things. smile

Tokyo, Japan

The shruthi 1 is a mono synth but!

shruthi1faq wrote:

Will there ever be a polyphonic version?

Yes, we are working on a polyphonic version. What is currently being decided is whether we will use one powerful ARM processor for all the voices (giving priority to ease of development and future firmware upgrades) or if we go with a “voice board” concept, each voice being a headless Shruthi-1 (giving priority to reuse of existing technology). We have also not decided yet which filter circuit to use. Given that it will have to be replicated for each voice, it has to be as simple as possible.

Stockholm

Cool, I've let Olivier who makes shrutni-1 to use my waveforms to build some kind of a search engine that will let you search for waveforms that are bright and other spectral properties. So I'm going to buy a shrutni, a polyphonic would be really nice, I guess it will be a bit pricey though. wink

Stockholm

anyone got a shrutni?

Los Angeles

About sound fonts, thats not a limitation of the sf2 format, but a bad implementation of the sampler/player. I would be willing to bet that the old soundblaster cards AWE/AWE32/etc play them just fine.

Stockholm

Hi hi you don't give up smile

The AWE32 don't do it good... But don't know about the other version...

But still, if it's on the computer I can use Sytrus VST or som other vst to play em. I want something more hands on than a computer I think.

Los Angeles

on another note I've been using a iOS app (iphone / ipad) called nanostudio, it works great with oscillator loops. so do most old trackers and of course piggy tracker. I've been wanting to create a simple arduino synth to do this as well but I'm too sick at the moment. hmm

Unsubscribe

oh yea and nanostudio is planning to support midi in using the line6 interface!

Los Angeles
herr_prof wrote:

oh yea and nanostudio is planning to support midi in using the line6 interface!

Wating for apple to approve the update now.

Stockholm

Nanostudio seems really nice... And arduino seems fun. Trash, are you sick, seriously!?