Michigan

http://altreport.hipsterrunoff.com/2010 … um=twitter

....i demand an explanation.

))<>((

The guy who wrote that seems like a very disgruntled person.

NJ

yeah, i mean.. it's not like broke ass musicians could use $500 worth of food or anything.

Unsubscribe

http://anyguey.guanabee.com/2007/10/tac … m-ted-leo/

O L D

Michigan

i will not tour until i have a contract.

i need the anamanaguchi guys to hook it up

IL, US

man, id get on this if taco bell were just a little better or if i played out of town more often

brooklyn!

FUCKING GORDITA PARTY FOR EVERYONE WHAT THE FUCK IS UP YALL
HOW'S IT FEEL TO KNOW YOU'LL NEVER HAVE IT LIKE THAT LIKE WE DO
WE ROLL INTO T-BELL AND THEY'RE LIKE "WHOA SLOW DOWN IS THAT ENOUGH CRUNCHWRAPS"
AND WE'RE ALL "NO"

brooklyn!

not to mention WHATCHALL KNOW ABOUT THE SECRET MENU

Michigan

I mean but seriously? Thats a heavy hitting roster.

This Will Destroy You, Maps and Atlases, Look Mexico, Tera Melos, ANDREW W.K!?!?

FUCK IT, i'm going to sign to DEL TACO RECORDS (because I have the choice of either burgs OR tacos there) BOOM.

lolusa

Fuck.
Though their claim of Taco Bell being essential to touring bands is completely false.
Being stuck in a van, in a desert, without showering; Taco Bell was the last thing on my mind.

Being on the verge of shitting your pants while being in the middle of the nowhere is the real scheme here folks.

Last edited by ovenrake (Oct 7, 2010 7:51 pm)

Unsubscribe

To be fair, its plenty obvious that taco bell has expertly learned how to milk hipster angst for MAX VIRALITY.

Minneapolis

Good greif. If I know anything from college, I know this: Do not, under any circumstances, underestimate the power of free food. As a fat-slob/non-musician type of guy I can certainly understand where free food on the road is probably a totally sweet idea. And yeah, it's not selling out, it's CASHING IN! WOOO!

Westfield, NJ

Brands running record labels is nothing new... Scion has been doing it for a long time, and Mountain Dew is in it too... there are a bunch of others. They are great for promoting up-and-coming indie acts. But I definitely think $500 of crap food for letting a company use you to promote their brand is lame... I know musicians are poor but there are better ways to make money.

A gray world of dread

We don't have Taco Bell here, so I can't evaluate the offer.

Dunno. I guess if Nintendo would decide to sponsor GameBoy/NES musicians, people wouldn't be so adversed to it, although it would hardly be different.

brooklyn!
Decktonic wrote:

Brands running record labels is nothing new... Scion has been doing it for a long time, and Mountain Dew is in it too... there are a bunch of others. They are great for promoting up-and-coming indie acts. But I definitely think $500 of crap food for letting a company use you to promote their brand is lame... I know musicians are poor but there are better ways to make money.

just to clear it up, this isn't actually a record label; there's no output on the part of taco bell beyond just their taco bell bucks. there's really nothing at stake here, no contracts getting signed, and no actual currency being exchanged. artists really aren't under any obligations to promote taco bell, let alone eat there if they don't need to. on the other hand, not that it's a huge push in any direction or anything, but a small band that got selected is now seen on the same "lineup of acts" as andrew w.k., les savy fav, every time i die, passion pit, etc. so if anyone looks into this promotion, they're more likely to find out about a chill band than i'd say they are to change their opinion on taco bell.
at least that's my take on the whole thing. we can talk about it more over some burritos if you like. my treat tongue heart

Minneapolis

Well, it's very simple. You're an artist who needs sponsorship. You aren't "good enough" for the big playas like Mtn. Dew so you go to Taco Bell. Simple.