Plano, TX

I didn't see this mentioned here but the Game Boy hobby shops (kitsch, nonfinite and I'm sure others) are going to be stocking new screens lenses very soon that match the coloring of the Play It Loud! Game Boys. This is pretty awesome as the general opinion appears to be that the dark gray screens look better, even on the stock gray Game Boys. These are definitely going to make all the great custom paint jobs we're seeing look a lot sexier as well.

PixyJunket wrote:

I didn't see this mentioned here but the Game Boy hobby shops (kitsch, nonfinite and I'm sure others) are going to be stocking new screens lenses very soon that match the coloring of the Play It Loud! Game Boys. This is pretty awesome as the general opinion appears to be that the dark gray screens look better, even on the stock gray Game Boys. These are definitely going to make all the great custom paint jobs we're seeing look a lot sexier as well.

so can they be bought anywhere yet?

i need a large stock of  these!

Plano, TX

"Coming Soon" tongue

kitsch posted last week on Chip Coalition that he was expecting a turnaround time with the manufacturing of about two weeks.

awesome!

Madison, WI

Just heard back from my wholesaler, word is (and this verbatim), any day now.  I'm hoping to have them available for purchase this weekend.

Plano, TX
nonfinite wrote:

Just heard back from my wholesaler, word is (and this verbatim), any day now.  I'm hoping to have them available for purchase this weekend.

Awesome.

Will they be priced the same as the previous screens?

Philly, PA, USA

is there a difference between these so called "Play it Loud!" screens and the normal ones?

Plano, TX
pixls wrote:

is there a difference between these so called "Play it Loud!" screens and the normal ones?

Yup. The normal ones are light gray, the Play it Loud! screens are dark gray. Visually, the dark gray ones tend to look better due to the stronger contrast they provide with the Game Boy's shell, but it's mostly a design preference.

Philly, PA, USA
PixyJunket wrote:
pixls wrote:

Yup. The normal ones are light gray, the Play it Loud! screens are dark gray. Visually, the dark gray ones tend to look better due to the stronger contrast they provide with the Game Boy's shell, but it's mostly a design preference.

well i have no idea what I've got, I got this one from nonfinite when he was in philly, so whatever those were?

Plano, TX
pixls wrote:

well i have no idea what I've got, I got this one from nonfinite when he was in philly, so whatever those were?

All of the replacement screens up to this point have been the original light gray color.

Philly, PA, USA

oh ok.
well then! I'll have to get me one of these for when i inevitably repaint my DMG big_smile

Madison, WI
PixyJunket wrote:

Will they be priced the same as the previous screens?

That's the plan smile

Earthling

I think it may finally be time to backlight my shit and get a nice shiny new screen to replace my scratched-to-pieces one.

Beeyootiful!

Plano, TX

Since nonfinite hasn't posted here yet on it, I'll give a summary of what was posted elsewhere.. there's been a slight delay with these. The (test?) batch they got back was very slightly darker than they should have been so they are requesting a fixed batch. Also, apparently, kitsch may be selling the ones they've got anyway.

LIMITED EDITION DARK DARK GRAY SCREENS. BE DIALING.

Sweden

.extra dark play it loud
.sign me up

Philly, PA, USA

sooo... what's going on with this? i've got a gameboy i wanna paint, and i'd like very much to have one of these screens