hi all,

this is a DMG front board with the screen swapped out for a gameboy pocket screen, it has also been backlit with a white backlit and the poleriser has been reversed for high contrast biverting.

sound the alarm! you're going to have uncomfortably high contrast, you will have so much contrast your gameboy will be like, sllooooowww dowwwnnn and you will be like fuck you and smash it on the floor and ask me to make you a new one.

this is for sale at £70 (GBP) posted world wide,

for extra cash i will provide a biverted motherboard or anything really that you might want. let me know: ralph (dot) nex (at) gmail (dot) com

thanks!

(more gameboy stuff on the way, midiboys and arduinoboys let me know if you want dibs before hand)

i have also put a pre biverted motherboard for sale on ebay, it would go awesome with this screen!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? … 0507579165

Czech republic

Wish I could afford this. Wiring would be nice indeed but I respect if you won't publish it. But for most this is way beyond soldering skills anyway.

matt's mind

just to make sure you all noticed, this thread is really old.  the price/details are probably adjusted a bit.  and i *think* nex is around noichan a bit these days, not totally sure...  (if you wanted a quicker response)

Czech republic

haha I never recognize these necro bumps big_smile

edit: since it's already bumped I'll post something that poped up after quick research.

This is breakboard for ffc connector:

it is for 30 pin connector but you can cut it smaller and use only 18 pins you need for pocket's screen.

There is still ninja soldering on the front board but this way it should be easier, less breakable and detachable.

Now I want that pinout even more smile

Last edited by ashimoke (May 9, 2012 9:28 pm)

San Diego
ashimoke wrote:

Now I want that pinout even more smile

Wouldn't it just be easier to just take the FFC off of the donor Pockets motherboard?

I love when things pope up

matt's mind

soldering it wouldn't be an issue.  its plenty big enough to do with normal equipment.

the footprints being much different is an issue however.

ashimoke, where is that breakout board sold, do you know?  could use it...

if it isn't a product thats available, i have no problem in doing a run of PCBs if you guys are interested (for breadboarding).  easy pcb, wouldn't take long.  but, if they are already done, i just wanna know where to get one...

Czech republic
kitsch wrote:

ashimoke, where is that breakout board sold, do you know?  could use it...

http://www.seeedi.com/test/depot/index. … cts_id=267

San Diego
ultraturducken wrote:

reattaching it to the dmg's motherboard would be kind of a hassle; you'd probably need smt machinery for soldering at that scale

I didn't mean to attach it back to the DMG's motherboard, but just figured it'd be easier to solder wires to instead of risking soldering to the ribbon cable itself.

washington

Nice powerthirst reference big_smile
I'd buy it if I had the cash.