Geneva, NY

OK, here's what I want to do: I have the Bucky DMC sample pack.  I want to browse through it to find a sweet snare to bring into Chipsounds.  However, my video game soundtrack knowledge doesn't extend to "oh snap, Abadox had that sweet snare that would cut thru the mix!"  And Chipsounds as it is now doesn't make the guess-and-check method that easy, especially since the 200 +samples in the Bucky library are labeled by game, not instrument/voice. 

So, I'm looking for a program that will allow me to preview DMC samples easily.  Any ideas?

astral cat

did you read the text file? also famitracker 3.5 has preview now

Geneva, NY

Yes, I read the text file.  It doesn't really help me cuz I need to HEAR the snares, etc.

Thanks for the tip on famitracker, I haven't used it in ages so I'll nab that new version!

Geneva, NY

OH SHIT YES... Famitracker 3.5 does EXACTLY what I was looking for.  THANKS DUDE!

astral cat

no problem mang smile

killadelphia

i think if you re-download the pack he's labeled each thing by sound now... like snare, bass drum etc.

philly

They're still organized by game, but everything is ID'd for quick "ctrl + f"-ability. smile

Geneva, NY
animalstyle wrote:

i think if you re-download the pack he's labeled each thing by sound now... like snare, bass drum etc.

I bet you were thinking the DMC to WAV pack... which reminds me, I should nab that for piggy NOW.  big_smile

Venezuela

http://dischmeister.googlepages.com/dmc … andbin.zip

in any case, here you have one!...

Also, i have a question... how hard is to create a DMC player in flash or java?????