brooklyn, NY

HI everyone
Its time to clean house... Looking to sell but will trade for :  EMS 64 cart( =$35), bleep bloop cart(=$70), or Nanoloop cart (either version(= $70))  btw.. I only need like 2 usb carts and one of each nanoloop, so first come first serve.

What I Have:
-Grey DMG, all cleaned up and restored. Biverted., has a nonfinite RGB backlight and an internal contol board with three  wheel-trim pots to each LED color channel.  Dial in any color of the rainbow!  I can use regular phillips head screws if you dont have a triwing.  Has new screen.
I can "prosound the headphone jack for free or with an additional out jack for $15     ----$95

-Another Grey DMG, same as above except that it doesnt have a backlight yet. Its your choice. Let me know what backlight you want and Ill order it put it all together. (may take a week or two for me to get the parts) With a single color nonfinite backlight- $75     with RGB backlight and color control board   - $95 

DMG parts: (everything has been cleand up and/or tested out)
-complete button sets    $10
-DMG bodies (no battery cover) $10 
-data inverted (prebiverted) DMG motherboard $20

-uncleaned DMG body- kinda grimey and maybe a little brown, but in good physical condition otherwise(no deep scratches) -$5

-kitsch-bent RGB backlight-  I burned out the green light- but blue and red work fine tho'.  comes with the diffussion film and either regular or inverted polarizing film (has a few scratches)  - $5 or free with if you buy something else)

Guitar/effect pedals:
-Boss HM2 Heavy Metal (from the early-mid 90's)  $45
-Boss FZ2 Hyper fuzz    $45
-Ibanez Metal Charger  (from the 80's)  has been modded. Unmodded, this pedal sounds pretty harsh and thin but  now sounds rich and creamy, more like a big muff or like a raunchier tube screamer.  Nice. $70
-Boss GT-6  effects processor- pretty awesome, like every guitar sound imaginable, tuner, expression pedal, countless programable patches, etc.   The one pedal to rule them all!    Perfect brand new condition Still in the box; hardly ever used.       
     $185
-Very cool Realistic stereo reberb unit from the late 70's.  Really more of a digital delay than a reverb...Im not sure who would use this as a Hi-fi reverb unit like it was intended, but it makes an excellent low-fi sound  $60

Arduinoboys:
   I have 5 extra ATmega chips and can build a few arduinoboys is anyone is interested.  I need to order more midi jack tho' so let me know soon.  May take 1-2 weeks, mostly fo the parts to arrive)  contact me if you are interested...
                                                                                                                                    probably about $75

And for the gentleman chiptuner:..

A hand-built  tube stereo preamp.   Has a hand carved wood iphone/ipod dock with charger and line-level audio out (thats "prosound" in chip-speak)  I originally designed this to improve the sound of digital sources playing though and a external stereo (ecpecially ipod)  but I discovered that it sounds totally f'n amazing with a game boy. Has dual selectable inputs. RCA in/out.   You want warmth and improved bass? This is it.
I only have two left...$295 each      see more at http://www.therealcharleshobbs.com/priamp

Can ship internationally. For domestic,most stuff will cost about $5 for priority shipping in the US...  or if you are in NYC stop by....
Im in Bushwick, Brooklyn @ the the kosciuszko "J" stop.

email me if you are interested :   charbot(at)gmail.com

Pics coming soon

Charlie

Last edited by Charbot (Oct 20, 2010 6:01 pm)

Abandoned on Fire

I'm pretty sure low-gain was looking for a Realistic reverb unit a while back.  You should PM him about it.  smile

brooklyn, NY

thanks!

brooklyn, NY

Here is an image of the control board inside the gameboy:

Sorry, I know the images show a much desired black DMG, , however this game boy will be transplanted into a grey body.

and a few screen shots.  I took them mostly to show the color range. obviously, contrast looks way better in person.

... you get the idea.

The reverb unitand three stomp boxes:

and the arduinoboy looks something like this.

your choice of led color.  Note- this is my arduinoboy and  unfortunately I dont have any extra sync cable jacks.  if you send me a dead gameboy I can desolder and use the jack for yours. Otherwise, it will have a screw terminal blocks or whatever else you want.

...And here is the tube amp.

nanoloop touch anyone?

Last edited by Charbot (Oct 20, 2010 7:42 pm)

Cambridge, MA

Emailed about buttons, bodies, and backlight.

Riverside, CA

That Priamp sounds fun. Are you stopping production after these two sell, or will you still be taking orders?

Good luck!

brooklyn, NY

If I sell these two and there is demand, Ill make more.   I literally make everything: bend and punch the metal, carve the wood, etc.  Its kinda alot of work and the total cost of materials adds up when I do a few at a time.   If everyone goes nut over them  there will be more, but probably made to order.