Minneapolis

OK, so I have finally had a chance to get through as much of that big Commodore stash I got from Low-Gain as I can. Here is what I got and approximate prices for each: (BTW, I give an approximate price because the rules here say I have to. Feel free to low-ball me if you don't like my asking price, or raise the stakes if you want to bid someone out.) Oh, and before I forget, I'm open to trades if you have cool stuff, especially vintage computer things. (Not interested in commodore or amiga stuff or DMGs. I am interested in GB Pockets, Apple 2 stuff, Dreamcast stuff, Neo Geo stuff, and possibly other things. Oh, and if you have a Twinkle Star Sprites cart to trade you can have it all and more. Not that you will.)

Two floppy drives, one in box with foam and manuals, one not in box but also with manual. I tested them out and they seem to be working. They could use a good cleaning. I think I have cables for both. I need to check. $20 plus shipping each. (they are HEAVY)

I have also piles of software. If you buy a drive (or two) I'm happy to include a random assortment of disks and accompanying manuals for FREE. No, I don't really want to sort through the software to find specific titles. But there are some nice bits in there so you can make sure your drive works and play around.

I have some game cartridges. Centipede, Choplifter, Radar Rat Race, and one with no label. They need cleaning to work reliably, but they all work except for the unlabelled one. Buy all 4 for $5 plus shipping, or get them for the cost of shipping when you buy something else.

I also have a Music Composer cartridge with manual, sealed into a plastic bag. If you want it sealed I'll leave it alone. If you want me to test it I'll rip it open. $10 plus shipping. (reserved)

Two commodore basic books: "I Speak Basic to my Commodore 64" and "Basic for Beginners." Buy them both for $5 plus shipping or get them for the cost of shipping when you buy something else.

I have a couple of tape drives too. I dunno, maybe you want to use them for target practice with your shotgun. Just pay for shipping and they're yours. (1 reserved, 1 remaining)

A DataShare 300 Modem, untested with no manual. $10 plus shipping.

I also have a C64 mouse. Untested as I have no software for it. $10 plus shipping. (reserved)

Also a mysterious midi interface. I know it's a midi interface because it says "MIDI INTERFACE" on the side. Looks homemade. No idea if it works or how to find out. This one I am going to post with an experimental price of $20 just because I have NO CLUE. I emphatically do NOT want this to wind up on eBay if someone here can use it, so pooh pooh if I'm breaking the rule about not having a definite price. So oggle it well and see if you can figure out what it is and how it works. If you think it's worthless and want it for less you can PM me. Also, if you are a C64 wizard and think you can learn some stuff from this I'll give you a better price. I'm looking at you, little scale.
(reserved)

I have some more stuff which will be available soon, mainly C64 main units for parts. Sorry, I'm stealing the SIDs for someone else, but keep an eye open for the rest if you need other C64 parts.

Last edited by arfink (Oct 21, 2010 5:22 pm)

Liverpool, UK

Get free items as a gift, sell them on LIKE A BOSS

Minneapolis
calmdownkidder wrote:

Get free items as a gift, sell them on LIKE A BOSS

if Low-Gain wants to whine about it he can, though AFAIK it was more about reclaiming his closet at all costs than about giving gifts. If you want to low-ball me by asking for it for free+shipping then do so. Your call. I just need it out of my room ASAP.

AHEM. Yes I am serious. If you think it's unfair of me to sell this stuff I got for free then PM me with your offer of $0, and if nobody else wants to pay me for the effort of sorting and testing everything and even bothering to ship it then you can have it for the cost of shipping.

Last edited by arfink (Oct 20, 2010 9:25 pm)

Brisbane, AUS

I'd be interested in the Music Composer cart, but I'd have to get back to you on it. How much do you think it'd cost to ship from where you are to QLD, Australia?

Montreal

The MIDI interface is probably a home made version of this:

http://www.df.lth.se/~triad/triad/ftp/M … ERFACE.TXT

TSSBAY01

i would like choplifter to turn it into an awesome piece of bling, but im in sweden for a while. toss those carts on ebay.

Minneapolis
plgDavid wrote:

The MIDI interface is probably a home made version of this:

http://www.df.lth.se/~triad/triad/ftp/M … ERFACE.TXT

It does look to be that way. Thanks for the tip.

Minneapolis
rubijaq wrote:

I'd be interested in the Music Composer cart, but I'd have to get back to you on it. How much do you think it'd cost to ship from where you are to QLD, Australia?

I am unsure of international shipping rates at this time. USPS has been changing things up since the last time I shipped anything overseas, which was over a year ago. However, the cart and manual are not very big and could be fit into a padded envelope, which would make shipping much cheaper.

Minneapolis

OK, some things have been tentatively claimed:

Kitsch- Midi interface
Awol- 1 Datasette
rubijaq- Music Composer cart
Stickman6- Mouse

Nothing has been sold as of yet, because I'm not ready to ship. But unless these people say they no longer want their items they are reserved. Thank you!

Minneapolis

I have obtained many boxes of various sizes. Some of you will be getting PMs about shipping costs and such. smile

Here's a twinkle star sprites car for neo geo

BUT LOOK AT THE FREAKING PRICE

http://cgi.ebay.com/Twinkle-Star-Sprite … 48373c0bd2

Minneapolis

Not too bad, maybe 75-100 dollars too high for a loose MVS cart with fake label. Seriously. Neo Geo collecting is a bit crazy, and my bit about a TSS cart is mostly a joke. The most I have ever spend on an MVS cart was $45 for a Last Blade MVS cart. I'll probably never own a TSS cart. tongue

Why are they so rare?

Last edited by Codice! (Oct 21, 2010 10:57 pm)

Minneapolis
Codice! wrote:

Why are they so rare?

Because the Neo Geo MVS carts were sold for arcade use only, and mainly in Japan. Twinkle Star Sprites was released very late in the system's life and the production run was very small. Few Neo Geo games sold more than a few hundred thousand copies, and rare titles like Kizuna Encounter had production runs of less than 1000 carts in some regions. They are jam packed with chips inside and were very expensive to make, and since arcade operaters were using them to make money the price was inflated even more. This also kept the market from getting very large. TSS is highly desirable not only for it's relative rarity but also because it's an insanely fun game. smile

Brisbane, AUS

Well I just took a look at the USPS postage rates. Not sure on if this would be right, but providing you had the envelope (I think), it'd cost around $14USD or so? I'm not really sure, it's a bit confusing for me since I don't know how the USPS system works.

But would it be cool to pay $25 AUD (inc. shipping, so $10 + $15) for the Music Composer?

Minneapolis

OK, lots of stuff is packed and ready to mail after the weekend, see your PMs and pay your bills. smile Ribujaq, I'm going to get back to you after I get to the post office next time so I can have everything double checked, but that price sounds around right.

Anyways, I'll let the rest of this loot sit here for a bit longer, then it's going to the Vintage Computing forums where those drives will probably get snarfed up real fast.