Westfield, NJ

I've been looking at these two mixers and I think one of these would be perfect for me but I can't tell which is better. The ProFX8 has USB connectivity and onboard effects but there is only one master external effects send and I've read that the USB & included effects are just so-so. The 802 has individual sends per channel but is pure analogue. Help!

Unsubscribe

i have the 802 and it is the bee's kneess.. so many features that are helpful live! Good gain struture low noise, built like a tank!

Tokyo, Japan

Curious what features you use live?

Unsubscribe

the fx send and alt outs are great. I use alt out left for a delay pedal and alt out right into my micromodular input, so you can pan it and select an alt to do per song rounting to either of those.

Its got plenty of gain so I set everything at unity (12 oclcock) and then I have plenty of headroom if I need to boost something ona  per track basis.. the channel eq is very helpful, cit has guitar level and mic level inputs, and I can use the inserts to put input 2 of my micromod in my mic signal inline direct, and have mixer gain for my guitar before it goes into my pocket pod.

There is post and pre fx fader gain for the fx send whihc helps with the weird volume levels of the minikp as well.

It just makes all my junk electronics better.

Westfield, NJ
Lazerbeat wrote:

Curious what features you use live?

So far the only live performing I've done is my DSi with KORG DS10+ with a straight line out, and DJing with my laptop that has an audio interface. I've never used a mixer before. But I do have a Bitrman (distortion pedal) and I would like to get some more equipment like a Kaossilator Pro, and I want to be able to hook up at least 2 or 3 DSi's since I have multiple copies of KORG DS10+. I think I could also route my laptop in to use Ableton Live.

Anyway from the sounds of it, the 802 is the way to go.