hiding under your bed

And I can't figure out what links to what.
I've googled quite a bit, and I've read through the many color charts that've been posted in other keyboard threads, I still can't figure it out.

Here's what I've got, and what color wires they have.
Maybe some of you will know what I should be doing?

a Nyko Powerlink.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media … mp;index=0
The colors are
Black,
Green,
Orange,
Blue,
White,
Brown,
and a unshielded wire.

Some eMachines keyboard I found at Goodwill.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53630716@N … otostream/
the model number is 7800, the serial is K23 185236.
It's colors are
Green,
Yellow,
Red,
White,
and unshielded.

Thanks for any help!
-PianoGameboy

EDIT: ahahaha I signed this with a username I use on other sites. oops.

Last edited by PianoGameboy (Oct 25, 2010 12:29 am)

SLC, UT

Pretty sure you have to use a gameboy multilinker cable because of the 5v lead.....pretty sure most of the tut's mention that.

hiding under your bed

Well, from what I've heard, if the link has all 6 pins instead of just 4 (and mine does have all 6), one of them IS the 5v.
When I was trying all the combinations I'd found, one of the combonations I tried did get the keyboard to light up and start blinking, so I'm pretty sure it's got the 5v.
I just can't get anything else to work.

Last edited by PianoGameboy (Oct 25, 2010 1:14 am)

SLC, UT

You have it set to keyboard sync and you have empty strings where you're trying to play right?

hiding under your bed

Yeah, I just wasn't getting any sound.
Also, though I had it set to sync to the keyboard, I never saw anything saying "wait" and I didn't see any "I[number]" next to the clean/purge data option. (The guides I've seen said to watch for those)

Last edited by PianoGameboy (Oct 25, 2010 1:45 am)

Matthew Joseph Payne

Got any photos of exactly what you're doing? I have that link cable so I could possibly come up with a pinout.

rochester, ny

i used a cord from a dmg-07.

and, in my experience, most ps2 keyboards are different. i had to try a bunch of different combinations before it worked. and then i didn't even realize i had done it correctly because i didn't have the LSDJ file set up properly.

someone should make a demo .sav file for introducing people to what you can do with an LSDJ keyboard.

make a new chain and phrase. put an instrument value in every step of the phrase. then hit play, THEN try the keyboard.

SLC, UT
nickmaynard wrote:

someone should make a demo .sav file for introducing people to what you can do with an LSDJ keyboard.

DO IT!

Geneva, NY
stargazer wrote:
nickmaynard wrote:

DO IT!

I have a hunch that Johan's revamping keyboard mode, so such a tute should wait until after the new shit dropssss!

SLC, UT
bleo wrote:

tute

I don't know why, but I lol'ed.

Stockholm

A lot of LSDj versions have been broken... however keyboard sync should be repaired with latest versions (4.1.0 and 4.2.1)

New York City

I am getting problems with my mod, like the keyboard suddenly changing instruments and stuff like that.
Do you think I have a short somewhere?

Stockholm

It sounds 100% likely that either is a problem of hardware or software smile

New York City

Johan, how can I determine it is a problem of either? I am running an OLD version of LSDJ, 3.1.9, or what it's worth, and it seems to me it's probably a wiring issue.

Stockholm

I'm not really sure - maybe one option is to try it out with some old tried and true version...
About wiring, you could always try to beep it with a multimeter...

But, this keyboard reading is really a dirty hack - it's a miracle that it works at all - not following any standards or so. So I would not be surprised if it's not 100% reliable...

hiding under your bed

Heh, forgot I made this topic.
I temporarily gave up on this after half a day of trying to get it to work (and it never did).
I've been meaning to update LSDJ, so I'll do that later tonight. If I still can't figure it out, I'll post some pictures of my current setup and see if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong.