WOW MAN!

I've become increasingly bothered by the amount of audio-releated stuff there is with the name "Pulsar". Most recently I discovered a little DIY, 8-bit (?) hardware synth which, while being hardware instead of software, feels a little too close for comfort. I'm probably being overly paranoid but...I'm now wondering whether I should change the name before I release it.

Any thoughts? Does it matter? If I should change it, has anyone got an alternative?

Tokyo, Japan

I would change it. Pulsar, while cool, lacks a bit of googleability and for an audio program it is a little generic with a potential overlap with other projects.

Famipulse?

rochester, ny

what about calling it ntrq? smile

Tokyo, Japan

ntr2?

Russia, Moscow

There was a Soviet drum machine of the name.

I don't think it is important, anyway. Name it 'Neil Baldwin's Pulsar' if you want to avoid confusion.

I'd say change it. The old DSP cards from Creamware was the first thing that popped into my head when I first read 'Pulsar'. It's not very unique.

matt's mind

pulse czar

Unsubscribe

Little sound pulse jay.

I think its fine.

Geneva, NY

Change it.  My previous suggestion still stands!

New York City

PLUS-R

tongue

Abandoned on Fire

I have a prototype of that Pulsar synth, to bad he stopped work on it.
Anyway, I think the name is fine. Just tack "NES" on it and maybe refer to it as "NESP"?

São Paulo, Brazil

family pulse.

Turku, FIN

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Tokyo, Japan

Acctually, I just realised how dumb famipulse sounds. totally forgot about famitracker. Other ideas from #hexawe

Nihiltracker
Logjammer
Marmottracker
Nixontracker
Little Nes Over Achiever or LNOA

Last edited by Lazerbeat (Oct 25, 2010 4:00 pm)

Riverside, CA

Just call it Super Pulsar. ("SPRPLSR"?)

Genesis version could be Mega Pulsar ("MGPLSR"?), & SNES version could be Super Pulsar Turbo ("SPRPLSR+" or "SPRPLSR!!!"?).

...you are planning on making those versions right? ...RIGHT?!

EDIT: Upon Googlization, Super Pulsar's main competition are some queer ass bike and airplane, and SPRPLSR only has one search result.

Last edited by Koatl (Oct 25, 2010 4:30 pm)

Geneva, NY
Lazerbeat wrote:

Acctually, I just realised how dumb famipulse sounds. totally forgot about famitracker. Other ideas from #hexawe

Nihiltracker
Logjammer
Marmottracker
Nixontracker
Little Nes Over Achiever or LNOA

I would also like to add that shortening my previous suggestion of Bunnytracker/DaFino to DFNO would work well as a sibling to NTRQ!  wink