Whitley Bay, England

Keyboard input?

My gameboy was fine for months - it hasn't been open in a long long time. The problems do seem to coincide with me getting my ArduioBoy, but I'm not sure how that would do this as the problem occurs when the ArduinoBoy isn't connected as well as when it is.
The save did have like, 17 songs on though. I deleted some, though apparently they don't always fully delete? Not sure if that could have something to do with it, just trying to think of all the possibilities.
Thanks man, I appreciate it

first of all, is it a bleep bloop cart? if you open the cart up some of them have bad pins on the ram chip, if you can get a high res pic of the ram chip that would help. i had a bleep bloop cart and one of the pins was bent on the chip so that it had missed the solder point, this caused it to work most of the time except sometimes it would glitch.

secondly, on the DMG the -18 supply for the screen is very close to the button inputs and if the ribbon cable is inserted badly while the gameboy is on, it CAN send 18v into the CPU which fries half the button matrix. but this is a permenent problem and effects all games.

if the problem is the same on the SP and the DMG then its not the gameboy, its the rom or the cart, if you can try another cart, or if all people who have this problem can post what cart they are using it might point to which is at fault

Sweeeeeeden

Sorry, button input, not keyboard input. smile

Whitley Bay, England

It's an EMS cart that I've had nearly a year now. I've never had any trouble before.
I haven't opened my DMG for months - ever since I installed my bivert chip like, 6 months ago or more.
Again, I've never had any trouble otherwise.
All other games work fine.

I'm convinced this must be a problem with the sav, or else my ArduinoBoy has fucked up both my DMGs somehow (I think I've only used it with one anyway...)
The cart has always been fine.
The ROM has always been fine.
The DMG, with everything else, is fine.
However, the save file randomly corrupted when I hadn't done anything, and gives me inexplicable problems.

It's just totally bizarre though hmm

maybe your battery is going flat? if you are sure everything else is fine, then that has to be the answer, unless the ram chip is decaying

TraceKaiser wrote:

It's an EMS cart that I've had nearly a year now. I've never had any trouble before.
I haven't opened my DMG for months - ever since I installed my bivert chip like, 6 months ago or more.
Again, I've never had any trouble otherwise.
All other games work fine.

I'm convinced this must be a problem with the sav, or else my ArduinoBoy has fucked up both my DMGs somehow (I think I've only used it with one anyway...)
The cart has always been fine.
The ROM has always been fine.
The DMG, with everything else, is fine.
However, the save file randomly corrupted when I hadn't done anything, and gives me inexplicable problems.

It's just totally bizarre though hmm

Whitley Bay, England

Cart battery or DMG?
I'll switch round the DMG ones tonight, though the screen isn't dim or anything like it usually does when it's low on batteries

TraceKaiser wrote:

Cart battery or DMG?
I'll switch round the DMG ones tonight, though the screen isn't dim or anything like it usually does when it's low on batteries

both could cause problems but the battery in the cart is for saves, so its probably the cart battery

Whitley Bay, England

Damn, after less than a year? sad
I'll see about getting a replacement - this is the good point about getting an EMS one with the no soldering and whatnot, haha.
Thanks for your help, this had better sort it! D:

TraceKaiser wrote:

Damn, after less than a year? sad
I'll see about getting a replacement - this is the good point about getting an EMS one with the no soldering and whatnot, haha.
Thanks for your help, this had better sort it! D:

it would be strange for a battery to go flat that quickly, but then it could just have been a bad battery