Psydney, Australia

I've got a nice opportunity to purchase a light boy:
VIC TOKAI C1990
MODEL NO. VLB-02

So, I have a few questions...

-Will it only fit on the original DMG? I've also got a GBC and am wondering if I can tack it on somehow.
-How does this compare to lightmod, in terms of visibility?

Ta!

Sweeeeeeden

I found these images:

So, yes, seems to be DMG only. I can't answer question 2, but I would presume an internal mod will give better visibility than any external light source.

SLC, UT
nitro2k01 wrote:

So, yes, seems to be DMG only. I can't answer question 2, but I would presume an internal mod will give better visibility than any external light source.

I have both. The internal mod looks 100x better than a lightboy. The lightboy will get you by - barely. I'd go with an internal backlight. The kits cost what $15?

agree with nitro here, why would you ever want an external light adapter, they are bulky and ugly with poor light cover, compared to a backlight which looks so much more awesome

Yuma, AZ

I have 2 LightBoy's.
One for my DMG and other for my Pocket. They are model specific, and, unless you want to swap the leds that are in at, it's not all that bright. sad

Psydney, Australia

Ah OK.
Seems like no one has anything good to say about them. Thanks for clearing that up. smile

I guess I should only ever consider buying one if I find them dirt cheap.

iLKke wrote:

Ah OK.
Seems like no one has anything good to say about them. Thanks for clearing that up. smile

I guess I should only ever consider buying one if I find them dirt cheap.

just get a backlight and you will never go back smile