Retired

Hi,

I've been using goattracker for the past few days. I was wondering if pitch slide command could be set on the same row as the instrument, it doesn't seem to work for me...

C-4 01 101 (no effects)

C-4 01 000
---  00 101 (this works)

I also noticed that I couldn't make fast portamento like in other tracker. Slower portamento works well, and really fast portamento values sounds like tie notes. However, in the range between, I kinda hear the pitch steps of the portamento, even if it's quite fast (I also tried different portamento speed depending on the interval between note) But I didn't get anywhere near what can be achieve in lsdj.

Furthermore, does anyone tried retriggering the enveloppe in the wavetable? I get volume change when I do this. The volume is correct, but sometime I get really loud note when the enveloppe is retriggered. Ex:

01 41 00
02 00 00 (this row is used as a delay for the enveloppe to reach it's max
03 40 00                    (amplitude before entering sustain/release)
04 04 00
05 FF 01

Do you guys think I can contact Lasse Oorni to ask him if he could implement a pitch sweep command in the wavetable?

Thanks, I hope someone can answer my questions.

Peace,

???

New York City
??? wrote:

I was wondering if pitch slide command could be set on the same row as the instrument, it doesn't seem to work for me...

C-4 01 101 (no effects)

C-4 01 000
---  00 101 (this works)

That is the way it is supposed to work.

Do you guys think I can contact Lasse Oorni to ask him if he could implement a pitch sweep command in the wavetable?

I don't think Lasse is maintaining GoatTracker anymore. Teh source is available, tough, so anyone could do this.

Retired

Oh! Thanks for the info! Do you have any suggestion of someone who could do this? (And that would also want to do it...). I obviously can't do this myself... For the portamento, is it "like this" or I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks again!

Last edited by ??? (Nov 5, 2010 2:03 pm)

New York City

I think someone else updated GT after Lasse stopped doing so, so you might want to contact him. Latest version was done by this other person. Or maybe one of the OSX porters.

Portamento works like that, I know it seems a bit unusual, but I remember this being pretty common in other trackers.

I'm using Goattracker v2.70 on Win XP.
C-4 01101
This works fine for me.
What value do have in the speed table at position 01?