Offline
astral cat

so will this upload system be implamented quite soon? smile

Offline

What will thumbs be used for? Aren't they kind of useless, as you can just type "great" (and hopefully something else) in the comments?

Offline
astral cat

the thumbs up are nice i think, even better that nobody else can see them smile

Offline
Abandoned On Fire

LOL  tongue

Offline
))<>((

^^^

haha awesome.

I'm looking forward to the uploads section. smile

Offline
Milan, Italy

i think that a closed tagging system would be better.

somethink just like this
http://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_genres

with maybe some other "genres" like:
gameboy, c64, atari st, lsdj, Ableton, DS10, raw, post processed...

Offline
))<>((
arottenbit wrote:

i think that a closed tagging system would be better.

somethink just like this
http://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_genres

with maybe some other "genres" like:
gameboy, c64, atari st, lsdj, Ableton, DS10, raw, post processed...


I definitely like the tagging idea, not necessarily for genres, but like you said, how the tracks were made.

Last edited by tacticalbread (Jan 18, 2010 8:30 pm)

Offline
Los Angeles
joule wrote:

What will thumbs be used for? Aren't they kind of useless, as you can just type "great" (and hopefully something else) in the comments?

The most important thing is that it can be used for statistics. That is, "Other music you might enjoy.." type of stuff.

Offline
Los Angeles
arottenbit wrote:

i think that a closed tagging system would be better.

somethink just like this
http://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_genres

with maybe some other "genres" like:
gameboy, c64, atari st, lsdj, Ableton, DS10, raw, post processed...

Tags can be watched by mods and deleted as need be.
I dont like the idea of restricting members until it becomes necessary

Offline
Milan, Italy

i was just sayng that with a CLOSED tagging system it would be much more easy to get stuff organized and to find the stuff you was looking for.

es: i want to hear some 8bit metal but i cannot find the best 8bit metal song only because the artist has tagged it as "progressive brutal death metal". that's lame.


btw i agree with this

trash80 wrote:

I dont like the idea of restricting members until it becomes necessary

Last edited by arottenbit (Jan 20, 2010 12:48 am)

Offline
ad-hell-aide

Could one have "closed" categories at the same time as "open" tags?

Offline
Los Angeles
little-scale wrote:

Could one have "closed" categories at the same time as "open" tags?

Yes tags have hidden categories that mods can adjust. though... not at launch i think. There is alot of work right now.

Offline
ad-hell-aide

Sure. I can very much appreciate how much work you are putting into this, thanks so much for all of the sweat, blood and tears that you have poured into this

big_smile

Last edited by little-scale (Jan 20, 2010 6:42 am)

Offline
Westcoast Norway

One suggestion, don't know if it has been mentioned though: more posts per thread! Now the limit is 10, I think it easily could be 20. I find myself changing pages more than I like.

Last edited by Ogrim (Jan 20, 2010 7:30 am)

Offline
Ogrim wrote:

One suggestion, don't know if it has been mentioned though: more posts per thread! Now the limit is 10, I think it easily could be 20. I find myself changing pages more than I like.

I agree but would prefer it to be 15 posts per page

Offline
Melbourne, Australia

smile fresh new slate with ideas to boot smile