uhajdafdfdfa

Definitely, it's not in your face about what you should be listening to or what other people are listening to, it's just clear that everything is there and you can listen to any of it.

New York City
Lazerbeat wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

I don't know about the rest, but I hardly make 1 track worth showing around in a month.
I also don't understand why I would share publicly a WiP.

Totally valid, but for example goto80 makes like twelve good tunes before breakfast.

But he doesn't release them xD
We're talking about a prodigy there, too, so no comparison. I am crap, he is a genius.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 13, 2010 5:09 pm)

Los Angeles

Once a month is bad in case someone opens a competition or a 48hour challenge sort of thing.  We are basically closing our doors to those sorts of things with a once a month upload policy.

New York City

You can leave the competitions to Battle of the Bits wink

akira^8GB wrote:

You can leave the competitions to Battle of the Bits wink

agreed

Los Angeles

I think once a month is too high of a cap, I say no cap, and we'll increase it when the time comes to it. Im pretty sure at music launch we wont have too many uploads.

Los Angeles

Also I dont feel like programming that right now, we'll launch music as beta, add in the front page changes and figure out a game plan about capping

Los Angeles

The more I think about it everyone has good points and ideas, I think the best thing to do is to start simple and shape things as we go along.

Los Angeles

Update: screen shots of the upload form. It's finished. Next up is the browse page and View item page. Once thats all done we will be good for launch, without a fancy new front page, we can worry about that after launch I think...

Note: The Trashbaby theme is wider because of my browser window size.

looks fancy

A gray world of dread

Looking good, thanks for the work!

Question about the license selector: Is this multi-select? I.e. I want to release under AT-NC-SA, is that possible?

Last edited by µB (Jan 17, 2010 9:43 pm)

Los Angeles
µB wrote:

Looking good, thanks for the work!

Question about the license selector: Is this multi-select? I.e. I want to release under AT-NC-SA, is that possible?

No, but I think im going to swap out any of the commercial options. I think everything should be non-commercial if its hosted on this site, of course for you the artist, you can still sell the music you create, the license only applies to viewers. god this shit is confusing.

(which would mean the SA would be NC SA)

A gray world of dread

Well, that would still leave out the option to demand that derivative works must have attribution and must be released under the same license. I think it's ok if you include attribution with share-alike, those two usually go together.

Edit: So my suggestion for license options would be:
BY-NC
BY-NC-SA
BY-NC-ND

Last edited by µB (Jan 17, 2010 10:09 pm)

uhajdafdfdfa

Nope, attribution and share-alike are completely different. I can think of a lot of different things a track could be used for which wouldn't be creative commons, but should have attribution.

I'm not sure why there couldn't be an appropriate site-wide license with a "unless stated otherwise" disclaimer, and then people who want something else can just write something else, rather than limiting it to one of four options.

Los Angeles
µB wrote:

Well, that would still leave out the option to demand that derivative works must have attribution and must be released under the same license. I think it's ok if you include attribution with share-alike, those two usually go together.

No no sorry I mean it would make the *AT*  SA to *AT* NC SA

I think AT and NC should be there no matter what.

so maybe AT NC ND, and AT NC SA should be the only 2 options? unless im missing something... ?

New York City

II would like to be able to select licenses.
Usually, I do not want to allow right off the bat the creation of derived work (remix). Any derived work should be only done with my previous auth. It would be really cool for this to be added.

Oh I read µB's options, BY-NC-ND iswhat I'd like big_smile

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 17, 2010 10:12 pm)