))<>((
nickmaynard wrote:

that looks awesome.

all kinds of this.

Rochester, NY

this looks great, as usual.

any chance that there's room for some interesting sequencing options like different lengths for each 'track' (useful for polyrhythms, etc), random triggering, or the like? a straight 16-step sequencer would be fine, but things like this might make it more appealing for some people.

WOW MAN!

Nice idea but it's too complicated for this project.

I've been laid up with some sort of chest infection / virus type nonsense so I've been doing bits and piece on PR8.

I'm not kidding when I say this is going to be the most awesome thing to ever hit the NES. Seriously.

I'll do one of my infamous videos soon as most of the UI is now working (and it's kind of producing sound that you can modify via the UI) but there's a long way to go yet. Had another bit of a redesign and I think I'm closer to what I need now. Quick screen grab to show you some progress;

Some info:

You can see the cursor in the Grid Editor. This is where you place the triggers for the sounds/drums. On the right-hand side are the parameters for each trigger. From top-to-bottom: root note, retrigger speed, parameter 1 value, parameter 2 value, parameter 3 value.

To modify the trigger parameters in the grid, you can tap B and the editing cursor will move to the trigger box where you can edit each one. Alternatively, if you hold A on a trigger in the grid you can modify one of the 5 values without leaving the grid. Which value you edit is indicated by the little green arrow next to the trigger parameters. The position of the arrow is saved per track. To move the arrow, tap B to jump to trigger box and move up/down. Tap B to jump back.

It might take a little effort to get your head around from just a text description but it's really fast and simple to make very complicated patterns of triggers. I'll do a video to show you.

The three parameters P1,P2 and P3 all relate to the 3 settings at the bottom of the drum parameters (handily labelled P1, P2 and P3!). At the side of these you'll see 3-letter codes. These code refer to one of the 42 parameters of each drum. In the picture;

AOC = Voice {A}, {O}scillator, {C}oarse Pitch Offset
AOF = Voice {A}, {O}scillator, {F}ine Pitch Offset
AOH = Voice {A}, {O}scillator, {H}ard Frequency

Therefore, in the Grid, when you write values to P1, P2 and P3 for this Sound/Drum, you'll write values to AOC, AOF and AOH respectively. Takes a little bit of thinking about but I think it's a pretty revolutionary design (actually, I was heavily influenced by my Monomachine big_smile)

vih dee ohhh

Philly, PA, USA

oh damn, that looks really nice!
I'm excited for this video!

rochester, ny

my god. it's beautiful.

Unsubscribe

/me turns tv on its side, watches it become a tracker again.

Abandoned on Fire
neilbaldwin wrote:

I'm not kidding when I say this is going to be the most awesome thing to ever hit the NES. Seriously.

I believe you.  Throw this and NTRQ or Pulsar on flash cart you've practically got "Prophet NES".

Minneapolis

Um sweet. Can you plx make it compatible with Munchausen, k thx bai! XD

Wowzers. Lookin good Neil!

United Kingdom

Wow! This has impressed me a lot! Looks beautiful!

WOW MAN!

Oh lord, I finished off the synthesis stuff tonight and got it playing one track of a (fake) pattern, complete with real-time modulating via the Trigger Parameter function and a drum patch using all 5 hardware voices.

It works incredibly well. I've amazed myself and I'm not easily impressed smile

Getting it to this stage has thrown up a few UI issues to solve (and a couple of bugs) but I'll try to do a little video tomorrow night.

big_smile

Ok now I'm really itching to try this.. Does any with a dingoo know if the emulation would be good enough to run things like this??

WOW MAN!

As far as I know it won't work on a dingoo. PR8 requires support for 32K NVRAM (like Pulsar) and still I think the only things that do are Nestopia and PowerPak carts.

Only advice I can give is for you to nag the authors of dingoo (or your other favourite emulator) to get them to add proper support (the ability to support NVRAM > 8K comes from the extended iNES 2.0 ROM headers).

WOW MAN!

Here you go: video with audio.

http://blog.ntrq.net/?p=404

(Sound quality seems to have been compromised by YouTube but you'll get the idea)

Last edited by neilbaldwin (Dec 3, 2010 10:24 pm)

))<>((

Holy shit, that sounds incredible.

Anahiem, CA

Wow, that sounds sweet!