WOW MAN!

Something I've been thinking about for a while so I thought I'd see if there'd be any interest in it.

I've got some cool ideas on how to make quite a smart drum machine on the NES. It would be a 16-step (or less) pattern based thing with simple song structure (just a string of patterns with a repeat count). The cool thing is that on each step you will be able to assign settings for all five NES voices and also on each step you'll be able to modify parameters such as envelope, amplitude, duty, pitch sweep, (simple) table etc. for all five voices simultaneously.

What do you think - any interest?

Abandoned on Fire

Absolutely (especially if there's sample importing)  heart

Milwaukee, WI

I second that.

Is there anyway to have it as a side-function, built into PNES? Maybe have it automatically placed as notes on the tracker grid?

Just brainstorming here...

D D D Detroit, not the burbs

this sounds cool, can you slather me with some more technical info?

Tacoma WA

woah.. mind is blown

Milwaukee, WI

I certainly would use this a lot, considering Christmas is around the corner and I plan on getting a Powerpak.  Having all voices and sample drums would be amazing.  Custom samples would be the miracles too.

WOW MAN!
RG wrote:

I second that.

Is there anyway to have it as a side-function, built into PNES? Maybe have it automatically placed as notes on the tracker grid?

Just brainstorming here...

No, it would be a stand-alone dedicated beat maker.

I have no other technical details yet but I've worked a few bits out on paper. I really need to concentrate on Pulsar though first LOL

astral cat

yes yes yes yes yes. do a drum and bassline machine.

Minneapolis

Sounds like fun. big_smile

United Kingdom

I like where this is going!

Unsubscribe

Youre nuts*

* I like this.

Milwaukee, WI

I believe this program should be called "your nuts".

PNES + your nuts = ????

Milwaukee, WI

Nevermind me, I haven't slept and that was funnier in my head.

Quebec, Canada

Hello everyone! This is my first post and I've only used NTRQ for the first time last night! I'd just like to say that I caught myself thinking this morning about how a drum machine working in the same fashion as NTRQ would be awesome so I'm very glad to read this post today smile

thieveland ohio

make it sync!!!!! then build a 303 box and we can make acid house all day long!!!!

Finland
node wrote:

make it sync!!!!! then build a 303 box and we can make acid house all day long!!!!

This!