Tucson, AZ

I'll start by mentioning that you can count the number of Chinese electro artist worth knowing about on one hand, and with A.M.U, it's definitely your right thumb you should be raising. The album name Diamond fits without a doubt, as this truly is a rare gem. A.M.U has shown surprising maturity for a Chinese kid, so far away from all the western hype, and he is already leading the 8-bit music craze in the Middle Kingdom.

Heavy beats, insane melodies, smart programming and unusual bleeps ... A.M.U's ability to provide strong dance floor tracks straight out his Gameboy comes from his experience touring and smashing Beijing and Shanghai's clubs with his unexpected DJ sets. Do not miss the chance to listen to Diamond - this jewel of an EP will surely end as your favourite new 8-carat ear piece!

TNEM

Tracklisting
---
01 Diamond
02 Speech Machine Failure
03 Out Out
04 Donald E. Knuth's Wet Dream
05 Donald E. Knuth's Dub Dream (Bass Mix)

// DOWNLOAD 8BP112 //

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

Finally AMU will get the attention he deserves

Last edited by IAYD (Feb 21, 2017 5:54 pm)

Westfield, NJ

This EP is BONKERS!

☺☺☺

Good GAWD

Tucson, AZ
IAYD wrote:

FUCK, I am so glad to see this out. Best Game Boy EP of the year -- are these tracks any different than the release earlier this year or this a re-release?

This is a re-release of the EP originally put out on Shansui Records.

fuck it.  I'm moving to china.  What's this kids email?

this is _definitely_ the best thing I've heard this year

Last edited by Battle Lava (Nov 18, 2010 9:00 pm)

Bronx, NY

fuck.

Brooklon

whoa.

Philly, PA, USA

AMU is fucking amazing, 8bp better do everything in its power to bring him over to america sometime soon. (blip.. wink wink)

Melbourne, Australia

Also, the artwork.

indeed

Brooklyn NY US
celsius wrote:

Also, the artwork.

By the peerless iLKke. Take a bow motherfucker!

RIT, NY, USA

It's too bad this was already on I Love Copyleft otherwise it'd be going up there right now.

Dammit, I'm seriously considering doing that anyway.

Marin<Pontevedra<Galiza<Spain

I knew that gfx resembled somebod....whoah you're right, suverb quality. Fav'ed ep.

Turku, FIN

Amazing music and art