clovis CA

when i first got my NES, it sucked! it had the blinking light and everything, so i took apart the 72-pin connector, i bent the pins, nothing. cleaned my tetris cart, and BAM! it worked! i changed the game to super mario world/duck hunt, nothing. i cleaned it, and nothing. i took it out again, bent it again (even though there wasnt much to bend) and i cleaned tetris, and bam, it worked again, took it out and put it back in. doesnt work. should i just buy a new connector or what? thanks =p

Massachusetts, USA

I would say that you should buy the part as it is pretty cheap and your time is more valuable than the hour or so it could take you to clean and bend both sets of pins on the 72 pin connector.  If you put a brand new one in, you only have to open up your NES once, and that alone is worth it to me.

I replaced the 72-pin in one NES and it works for most games.  Just the other day on a different NES I bent the pins and cleaned them with alcohol, and it works fine for most games.  Did you clean Super Mario/Duck Hunt?  My guess is that your games could use a thorough cleaning, but what do I know?  I have had good experiences ordering from www.nintendorepairshop.com.  Good luck!

thieveland ohio

also google search to disable the lockout chip this will fix most blinking red led issues