Psydney, Australia

Why open them in octamed if they open fine in Milky? big_smile

Milwaukee, WI

Why use octamed, protracker or milky when you can use renoise with a couple of vst's?

São Paulo, Brazil
RG wrote:

I hope you don't mind me asking, but why open them in protracker if they open fine in octamed anyway?

Sure don't mind. As far as I know, some OctaMED commands are different than Protracker, and so mod files made in MED could have troubles with some players that were meant to play Protracker mod files.

But in fact I don't know exactly what extra features on OctaMED wouldn't allow it to export the same type of mod file as Protracker would (besides the obvious synth stuff MED has).

brighton, uk
RG wrote:

@CMDR: How did you get cha_filter to work in OSS? Only one I got working was stanley. Gah!

Hi RG, sorry I forgot to reply to your PM ages ago.
I've completely forgotten, and my hdd has been wiped since then, so I can't just slam some files your way sad
If I get it working again i'll let you know!

PULSELOOPER wrote:
RG wrote:

I hope you don't mind me asking, but why open them in protracker if they open fine in octamed anyway?

Sure don't mind. As far as I know, some OctaMED commands are different than Protracker, and so mod files made in MED could have troubles with some players that were meant to play Protracker mod files.

But in fact I don't know exactly what extra features on OctaMED wouldn't allow it to export the same type of mod file as Protracker would (besides the obvious synth stuff MED has).

It exports as three different MED filetypes (for different versions), standard midi file, an executable or a protracker mod.
Any commands, additional block lines, or tracks that aren't included in protracker just get excluded on save.

Last edited by CMDR (Dec 16, 2010 11:33 pm)

São Paulo, Brazil
CMDR wrote:

It exports as three different MED filetypes (for different versions), standard midi file, an executable or a protracker mod.
Any commands, additional block lines, or tracks that aren't included in protracker just get excluded on save.

Yeah, now I finally get it. Thanks CMDR smile

Psydney, Australia

It's really pathetic that we still don't have a fully protracker-compatible program.
Hopefully 8bitBubsy's rewrite will remedy that.