Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
nordloef wrote:

And the DX7 isnt "old unreliable hardware"? wink

it was a piece of gear that was built for musicians... old video game consoles were not built to last this long. haha

low-gain wrote:

I just dont want to see another Jose Torres or Wayfar happen.
And when i start to see people who have no clue what the hell they're talking about start to offer up donations and blindly wanting to give money away for something that isn't even in a prototyped, or beta version. totally rubs me the wrong way.

I guess I really can't blame you for just looking out for other people's cash, then. I don't know the details of those two previous scenarios (before my time, I guess?), but if something similar happened where someone ran off with money from the community, that's really shitty!

I still don't think as boomlinde said that anyone was like "I will give you money RIGHT NOW Shiru" but rather they would donate if the project could be a reality. But we now know it can't be (with Shiru, at least) so all is well in the land.

Last edited by an0va (Dec 25, 2010 11:13 pm)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

werd

This thread weirds me out. Shiru is not the only person here who knows how to code, and regardless you can use TFM on a netbook to acheive the same results/portability at around the same price. You can even do more with it, like look at pictures of naked ladies on Tumblr or whatever.

Sunvox, as much as I adore it, has absolutely nothing on any Yamaha synth chip when it comes to FM. It only has one feedback algorithm and one kind of waveform for the time being.

Chip purity be damned!

Sweeeeeeden
PlainFlavored wrote:

This thread weirds me out. Shiru is not the only person here who knows how to code, and regardless you can use TFM on a netbook to acheive the same results/portability at around the same price. You can even do more with it, like look at pictures of naked ladies on Tumblr or whatever.

But TFM only supports a subset of what the Genesis sound chip can do (the Genesis support is just a bonus feature.) But perhaps you'd get more bang/buck if Shiru upgraded TFM instead of making a native tracker.

nitro2k01 wrote:
PlainFlavored wrote:

But TFM only supports a subset of what the Genesis sound chip can do (the Genesis support is just a bonus feature.) But perhaps you'd get more bang/buck if Shiru upgraded TFM instead of making a native tracker.

Word. I think it would be safe to say that a lot more people are interested in the possibilities of the Genesis as opposed to the TurboSound FM expansion for the ZX Spectrum (which is nigh impossible to find in the States). Not to say that it's Shiru's job to cater to the whims of the chip community at large, but it still would be nice.

california
Esopus-dragon wrote:

Cheap FM synthesizer modules were already discussed on that other place.

Here's your link. http://8bc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=16402 Merry Christmas.

Neat, I hadn't seen that. Still the genesis is a unique system, and it would be nice to have a native tracker. Though I'm not sure that anyone here sees the payoff as big enough.

Unsubscribe

I think the real lesson is how much of a minor miracle it is that we even have lsdj or pulsar or piggy tracker. Kudos to those devs!

Phoenix, Az, USA

Anyone ever used G.E.M.S.  (Genesis Emulation Music Software)?

Tommy Tallarico talks about it in this interview.
http://www.sega-16.com/feature_page.php … 0Tallarico

its also mentioned in the X-Men Genesis wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men_(Sega)

Seems like its a computer software and midi interface for Sega Genesis. Presumably its quite rare as it was used only by game development companies. A google search turns up very little.

New York, New York

It was hacked into and worthless without game development hardware IIRC.

mercurius fm wrote:

Thanks guys.
I guess primarily we're really waiting for little-scale's midi device to be done.

yup

killadelphia

Shiru - i would surely donate $ to the cause.  How much would you need per week/month to make this happen?  I wouldnt care if it was native or PC based - i would just like control over the 2612 w/samples (high quality not preferred) and the PSG chip too.

Last edited by animalstyle (Dec 30, 2010 6:55 pm)

Russia, Moscow

animalstyle, detailed answer and other answer are on the previous pages. I guess, the little-scale's MIDI thing mentioned above is better solution for your needs.

Last edited by Shiru (Dec 30, 2010 11:40 pm)

San Francisco

I am pretty sure the midi thing has yet to be released to the world. I got to say i have been waiting a long time and not sure if there will be a date soon. then again i offten times am out of the loops so who knows? maybe little-scale if he sees this can shed some light on this issue?

Last edited by wedanced (Dec 31, 2010 1:06 am)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
herr_prof wrote:

I think the real lesson is how much of a minor miracle it is that we even have lsdj or pulsar or piggy tracker. Kudos to those devs!

+1

california

hey guys, I'm working on an a/v demo for the genny. which is just to say, that I'm testing the water. maybe i'll start working towards a tracker. or something.

Last edited by gizmo (Jan 1, 2011 1:35 am)