killadelphia

my favorite has always been the fucking meter animation in the player - has the interactivity of an animated gif.   sooooooo good.

california
animalstyle wrote:

my favorite has always been the fucking meter animation in the player - has the interactivity of an animated gif.   sooooooo good.

Lol, no shit. Why would they just waste space like that?

I hated most of the custom designs people would make using some third party copy/paste site. Pimp my layout and shit. That's what made it look really awful. Also it was full of xss vulnerabilities and spam and shit. The new layout is alright, but still really crowded, and confused looking.

Famicomi wrote:
lynit wrote:

i gotta ask what's wrong with the new layout? i don't know...it seems a huge step up above the old one....

Its extremely resource heavy for one. And I am on a not top end laptop like most of the US.

Yeah this. It's not hard to make a good looking layout that's easy on resources, but myspace is run by Newscorp now. I doubt they have a 'less is more' attitude.

Fontana, CA, USA
chunter wrote:
Famicomi wrote:

The way to do it, is to share your bandpage, on your personal wall. And people like me would share it again on my wall. My friends will look because they trust my taste in music, they "like" you, and even if they dont share you on their wall, it still says "This Girl likes chunter"

My personal FB account is for family and friends that won't look at my Twitter account, and its status updates are worded accordingly.  It is read by people that already know about my music, and it is deliberately not readable by anyone else, so perhaps that's that...  I didn't open my FB account with the intention of meeting people, that's what forums are for wink

You are going to meet more people doing the same thing you are on forums, youll meet real people with the potential to be fans on facebook.

Last edited by IAYD (Feb 21, 2017 6:44 am)

Hoxton, London UK
IAYD wrote:

All I know is is that I opted out of the "new" profile layout (I had a bunch of html stuff that I didn't want ruined) and a few months ago they just automatically switched me. lost all my code, too.

pretty sure facebook is gonna pull the same thing when 2011 starts

Same, I made a full on Div layout that looked like a giant gameboy, with the player in the screen and clickable buttons. then it all got scrapped hmm cheers myspace. Anyway, I guess it all comes down to content. your (alex iayd) facebook statuses are usually pretty funny

*edit IAYD, not IYAD, oops

Last edited by Shriker (Dec 29, 2010 6:01 pm)

New York City

I refreshed mine for teh lulz.
It basically tells you to go somewhere else, but it serves the purpose.
http://myspace.com/8gb

Edmonton, Canada

That should be a new slogan. MYSPACE IS GARBAGE.

Olympia, WA

whenever myspace switched this last time, and deleted my Transporter 3 theme, I knew it was time to move on.

IL, US

worth keeping the accounts around to log in once in a while...logged in this morning to find out i was offered a gig on monday, which if it pans out, will be a nice fun, high exposure gig
but myspace is basically unusable in any real way now

edit: or not, seems that woman contacted more acts than she needed for some foolish reason and me taking less than 48 hrs to reply wasnt fast enough...maybe if shed EMAILED me instead of sending a myspace message wink