São Paulo, Brazil

I bought an Amiga Megalosound sampler from ebay.UK and the seller "forgot" to send me the floppy disk with the product software. I googled and found out that Soundprobe software also works with this sampler. But I couldn't find disk images for none of them.

Does anybody (Akira?...) has one of these sampling softs on disk images? Or can somebody link me to something that would work with this particular sampler? Thanks.

EDIT: found the disk image here: http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/megalosound

now it works like a charm. Amiga sampling FTW! tongue

Last edited by PULSELOOPER (Jan 2, 2011 10:37 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

You could sample directly into Octamed; does Protracker sample direct?

São Paulo, Brazil
RG wrote:

I tried to sample directly into Octamed, but the monitoring sounded like shit. Don't know why.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

what solved your problem?

New York City

Yeah, monitoring sounding like shit usually has to do with crappy capacitors or just that, it sounds like shit xD you have to put down the volume of your input. Believe it or not, sampling at low volume and normalizing through software works really well.

I can give you the Megalosound software if you still want it.

São Paulo, Brazil
akira^8GB wrote:

I can give you the Megalosound software if you still want it.

Thank you man. As I said in my post edit, I found the disk image here: http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/megalosound

brighton, uk

Hi have a megalosound and the sound is the same in octamed as it is the software do as akira says and ake sure there is not interferance from tv inputs and power supllies

São Paulo, Brazil
CMDR wrote:

Hi have a megalosound and the sound is the same in octamed as it is the software do as akira says and ake sure there is not interferance from tv inputs and power supllies

Well, it's working fine on Megalosound software, so I guess the problem should be with Octamed.

New York City
PULSELOOPER wrote:
CMDR wrote:

Well, it's working fine on Megalosound software, so I guess the problem should be with Octamed.

Nope, the sampler works the  same way, Octamed samples just fine from any sampler, so does Protracker, etc.

The Rubber Man
PULSELOOPER wrote:
RG wrote:

I tried to sample directly into Octamed, but the monitoring sounded like shit. Don't know why.

That's not so obvious, Pulse.
When You press "MONITOR" it sounds crap. But then You should start sampling and test the sample. It will sound OK somehow.

In this way, after several experiments You will be able to set up a proper volume and sample sounds by Yourself and Your Amiga only.

Another weird thing: it will be possible such samples (not coming from PC but made on Amiga itself) will not work on other "small/oldschool" computers.

For instance samples for some Atari 800XL music I made in 1994 on Amiga 500. They don't work properly on the XL, although all other songs (with samples make on PC) work OK on the Atari.

Ah well, just a curioristy anyway.

Greetz to Brazil.
Y

Last edited by YERZMYEY (Jan 11, 2011 8:52 pm)

New York City

Yerz is right, the preview is by far horrible. I recommend you putting the volume down, far from clipping, and then NORMALIZE (RAMP) from within Protracker, to max volume.

Yerz: regarding samples not working, probably because Atari XL and ST and other software uses RAW sample format, and Amiga usually saves as IFF. Try converting from IFF to RAW.

São Paulo, Brazil

Thanks a lot Yerz! Indeed, the recording itself sounds better than the monitoring. I still have to figure out how to set the volumes properly though. But I'm almost there.

The Rubber Man

Well yes - that's another problem.
There were 2 kinds of Amiga samplers.
WITH volume-setting potentiometer and WITHOUT. I have both however I was using the one with the potentiometer.
You will have to play sounds not too loud (because of distortion) and not too silent (because then the sample might be more silent than 8bit noise, heh).
It should be possible to do, after several attempts. smile
Good luck!!!!