WOW MAN!

I got Edgar Winter's "They Only Come Out At Night" on SACD (it was a Christmas present - SACD is not something I normally buy) and am having great trouble ripping it (on my Mac). iTunes doesn't seem to like it and while there seems to be several programs that claim to rip these and DVD-Audio discs, I can't find any that work or allow a demo version (I'm not really willing to pay full price anyway just to rip one album but I would if it was reasonable).

Anyone got any suggestions before I just go ahead and download the album instead?

Canada

I ran into this problem once. The only thing I was able to do was to transfer the audio from a receiver by connecting the left and right rca cables to the audio out and, connected it to my mac. This may prove too much of a hassle for something that will end up being regular cd quality.

Montreal

Hi

Unless you have a DSD hardware stream replayer, any conversion you do will involve loss anyway. (2.8224 MHz (1 bit times 64 times 44.1 kHz).)

Imho, the DSD benefits are clearly marketting hype with regards to 24/96

WOW MAN!
plgDavid wrote:

Hi

Unless you have a DSD hardware stream replayer, any conversion you do will involve loss anyway. (2.8224 MHz (1 bit times 64 times 44.1 kHz).)

Imho, the DSD benefits are clearly marketting hype with regards to 24/96

Thanks David,

Yes, SACD is a ridiculous marketing-driven format. No wonder it's pretty much dead.

Seems that downloading the album is the only way I'll get it in the format I need.

*sigh*

WOW MAN!

Oh the irony....the first two places I looked to download it from are both .ISO files of the same disc I have LOL