Philadelphia, PA

We're super psyched about the second installment of THIRD GENERATION, Philly's newest chip music/video celebration! This time around, we're featuring Knife City, Jonathan Baken and Rockman -- not to mention visuals by Philadelphia's own enso, who will fill the walls at PhilaMOCA with his incredible images. Anyone who has been to a recent event at this place knows it's a sweeeeeet new venue... Here are the details:

$5 with advance RSVP! Visit http://bit.ly/fcui6E to get on the list. Otherwise, it's $8 at the door.

Third Generation: Chip Music Showcase

Friday, January 28

8 pm

PhilaMOCA
531 North 12th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19123

Music by
Rockman (Colombia)
Jonathan Baken
Knife City

Visuals by enso

$5 with RSVP, $8 without
visit philamoca.org for more info.

All ages!

Philly, PA, USA

Excited for this!

Neo Jersey

EXCELLENT

Philadelphia, PA

Now with flier that pixls hates for absolutely no realistic reason:

Philly, PA, USA

the text is bubbly and silly, and the background is cheesy, looks terrible in print too,
faded backgrounds are lazy backgrounds.

but not as bad as the last one :3

Philadelphia, PA

don't be a dick.

But this show is gonna be a blast! Awesome lineup and tons of funnnnnn.

(edited to add something positive)

Last edited by chipocrite (Jan 12, 2011 12:06 am)

Philly/NY
chipocrite wrote:

don't be a dick.

dixls

astral cat
enso wrote:
chipocrite wrote:

don't be a dick.

dixls

lol oh snap.

Philly, PA, USA

hah, but yeah, it's gonna be an awesome fucking show.

Neo Jersey

OH this is at an art museum? neat

Last edited by HPizzle (Jan 12, 2011 3:12 am)

Godzilladelph
pixls wrote:

the text is bubbly and silly, and the background is cheesy, looks terrible in print too,

hey now, i don't mean to start a war here, but i showed the flier you designed for the last show to my graphic design friend (who graduated a few years back and is making a decent living off her work) and she ripped you apart for, among other things, placing the text way too close together. we all make mistakes :3
but yeah, fucking rad lineup! gonna try and drag the silly raver kids out of the institute for this one.

Philly, PA, USA
SKGB wrote:
pixls wrote:

hey now, i don't mean to start a war here, but i showed the flier you designed for the last show to my graphic design friend (who graduated a few years back and is making a decent living off her work) and she ripped you apart for, among other things, placing the text way too close together. we all make mistakes :3
but yeah, fucking rad lineup! gonna try and drag the silly raver kids out of the institute for this one.

the text was close on purpose, it's an aesthetic thing. also i threw that together in like a half hour or so just because i couldn't stand the original one.

Westfield, NJ

The moral of the story is you all suck.

Godzilladelph

edit: i bitch too much tongue

Last edited by SKGB (Jan 15, 2011 4:08 am)

Philadelphia, PA

Yes. I'm going to rerail this thread and inform you that I believe Luke recently informed me that he'll have some new material at this show. So don't miss it!

Philly, PA, USA

I wouldn't have said anything, but paul felt the need to point out that i didn't like it, so i felt that i needed to explain why

anyway, YES THIS SHOW WILL BE AWESOME

and fuck it the flyer is fun, i just don't think it's good design :3