Gilbert

http://419mhz.bandcamp.com/
I decided to compile my first release on bandcamp. I set it up so it is pay what you think it is worth smile
I have a bunch of other music I have made, but I decided to only put my 3 best songs. Everything is composed in lsdj with a prosound modded dmg. Next step, I am working on creating a 5-6ish song release, that I plan on spending ALOT of time on, making it very professional! Thanks for all the feed back! smile

thieveland ohio

great job! keep on making music and keep on putting it out.

I agree you've got a good start, keep it up

New York City

I'd recommend making your first release a FREE one. What you need now is getting people to listen to it.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 20, 2011 1:14 pm)

Philly, PA, USA
akira^8GB wrote:

I'd recommend making your first release a FREE one. What you need now is getting people to listen to it.

It is a name your price, but i think akira's point still stands. Having the name your price thing is another step that people need to go through in order to get your music, and therefore a deterrent. I understand wanting to maybe make a little bit of money from this, but what you need is to get your music onto your audience's hard drives.

I hate name your price.

Brazil

The thing is that bandcamp free system is a bit overwhealming. You read you have limited free downloads and you then put a price on it just for the sake of it.

Unsubscribe

I want bandcamp to offer a self hosted option... dangit!

akira^8GB wrote:

Yeah, I just streamed your music from the site.  If you want me, and potentially others, to download your first release I would suggest making it free.

Not that there is anything inherently wrong with just having your music streamed right now.

And in the future if your music is still good/get's better people will pay for it