Westfield, NJ

So my first show went pretty well... I basically played for a crowd of 15 friends, which is the ideal first show, much easier than playing for strangers. Also everything that could have gone wrong, did... I had trouble with my mixer, with the sound, with my laptop, with remembering how to play my songs, with the venue, etc. etc. At one point I had to play one of my DS10 songs off my laptop because I couldn't get sound from my DSi, only to discover later that the channel on the mixer was muted... stuff like that. Anyway, here's the super-fun video:

I played 4 DS10 songs and 5 Ableton Live songs. At one point this super-wasted chick walked right up to me and said something in my ear... and I couldn't hear her. She did it again, and I still couldn't hear her. She did it again, and finally I realized it was a song title... she was requesting a song. A song I hadn't even heard of before. And so I said to her, "OH, YOU THINK I'M A DJ. NO. I'M SORRY. NO." She looked kinda hurt, but she didn't bug me after that.

Anyway, I had fun. If you weren't there, you missed it smile

Cambridge, MA

Congrats on your first gig! Looks pretty sweet mate. big_smile

Nice vid, man. Really diggin the music. Any releases coming any time soon? Btw, how much of the set was ds10 vs other programs??
Also, it's sweet when that one guy is pushing girls away. Can't a man just get his dance on!?

Last edited by L-tron (Jan 9, 2011 9:06 am)

uhajdafdfdfa

cool it looks great! i am glad you had fun! big_smile:D:D:D:D decktonic for blip fest 20xx

grats! looks phat!

New York City

Must improve on next gig:

Decktonic wrote:

At one point this super-wasted chick walked right up to me and said something in my ear... and I couldn't hear her. She did it again, and I still couldn't hear her. She did it again, and finally I realized it was a song title... she was requesting a song. A song I hadn't even heard of before. And so I said to her, "OH, YOU THINK I'M A DJ. NO. I'M SORRY. NO." She looked kinda hurt, but she didn't bug me after that.

You should have felt her.
xD

Are you the Dektonic who sends me tracks on Soundcloud frequently? There's some nice stuff in there. Keep it up.
I like that Timebomb remix. I got the parts and as usual forgot to make anything, I'm a tool xD

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 10, 2011 1:01 pm)

Unsubscribe

fool, you are supposed to make a big show of playing her song, and then start playing your next song anyways!

Westfield, NJ
akira^8GB wrote:

Are you the Decktonic who sends me tracks on Soundcloud frequently? There's some nice stuff in there. Keep it up.

Yep that's me smile