nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

Sound -noun:
The sensation produced by stimulation of the organs of hearing by vibrations transmitted through the air or other medium.

Legit (abriv. Legitimate) -adj:
In accordance with established rules, principles, or standards.

Sounds Legit is the brain-child of Celsius (Eugene Davoren-Britton) and 10k (Tom Gilmore). It is a low-bit music label dedicated to the documentation and distribution of high quality, limited and original chipmusic for all to enjoy.

The first release of the Sounds Legit Themed Split 7" Series is a surefire chipmusic classic. Combining forces at last, Texan Game Boy music superstars, IAYD and Sievert – who between them, have featured on three 8bitpeoples releases, played Blip Festival, Datapop, Pulsewave and even SoundBytes in Australia – have put together the WARPDRIVE EP. The split features two futuristic Game Boy Drum 'n' Bass tunes, one on either side of a limited edition 7" vinyl. Just the right thing to start out your Sounds Legit Themed Split 7" Series collection.

The EPs will be for sale from the Sounds Legit website [[ http://www.soundslegit.com ]] which launched on Friday the 14th of January, as well as from the artists at shows.

To stay on top of what is happening with Sounds Legit, follow us on twitter. [[ http://twitter.com/SoundsLegit ]]

Melbourne, Australia

Fucking finally! This shit has been a year in the making. Glad to have it finally launch. Sorry for the delays "y'all".

There will be beers a plenty drunk tonight!

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
celsius wrote:

Fucking finally! This shit has been a year in the making. Glad to have it finally launch. Sorry for the delays "y'all".

There will be beers a plenty drunk tonight!

A year in the making, but hopefully around for many years to come! haha.

Melbtown, Lolstralia

I heard Sievert's track live and HOLY SHIT! it is slamming... and I can just imagine IAYD would be amazing as well!!

I know I could ask you guys elsewhere but do you get high quality digital downloads with the purchase? I know the whole concept is limited edition releases will it ever be available digitally for us non-vinyl peeps? If you say NO, I admire you and may have to look into investing in some form of archaic record turning crystal.

Congrats on the launch!!! Any Pics of the physical item?

Tokyo, Japan

Congratulations on the first release.

Echoing what Dot.AY mentioned, will digital releases also be an option? Would love to have the tunes on my iPod as well.

hardcore, Australia

YES.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

1. must get a copy
2. can't believe that little runt got a 7" out before me... i'm coming for your soul IAYD. hahaha.. And i'm gunna hug it to death!

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
cheapshot wrote:

digital releases

We have thought about this, for sure. At some point it will be digital. But initially it will remain vinyl only.

@Dot.AY Photos to come.

Tokyo, Japan
10k wrote:
cheapshot wrote:

digital releases

We have thought about this, for sure. At some point it will be digital. But initially it will remain vinyl only.

@Dot.AY Photos to come.

I think that is the best way to go about it.

P.S. I just ordered through PayPal, but I think my address may be illegible. Let me know if it is. /soz

hardcore, Australia

I like the idea of vinyl only.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
godinpants wrote:

Soon this will be all that i do. hahaha
maybe w/ a free digital download w/ purchase, but what ever..
it will either prove no one wants to actually buy my music or no one has a record player anymore.

astral cat
godinpants wrote:

yeah man it's so chiptune

Melbourne, Australia

I took the liberty of taking a pic - its not great and you can't see the detail in the cover properly, but it gives you an idea

Also it may look a little crooked but thats more from the peak in the fold (I probably should have used a pre-folded one but oh well)

Last edited by dosPrompt (Jan 14, 2011 4:05 am)

Philly, PA, USA

THE RUMORS WERE TRUE
SO EXCITED ALREADY ORDERED IT

When i was looking at the price i was like "AUD? no big deal..."
then i realized/remembered your monies are worth more than ours now D:
Either way, not even close to being too much for this awesome thing!
I hope it's ok through that mad distance shipping.

Melbourne, Australia

Hey pixls... if you want it sent with your soundbytes shirt that can probably be organised. Probably save some money in the long run

Philly, PA, USA
dosPrompt wrote:

Hey pixls... if you want it sent with your soundbytes shirt that can probably be organised. Probably save some money in the long run

that would be simply beautiful.