Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

So I was looking at the Music section and noticed the "view" counts were down quite a bit which tells me not enough of you are
listening to peoples uploads. wink Go listen!
And  yes.. this is shameless self promotion.
Just say'n.

There'd be more views if there was at least a 'Latest upload song' box on the front page, even if you don't want to go the whole 8bc route.  (which, tbh, is the one thing they did get right, actually having chipmusic on the frontpage of a chipmusic site)

Moan, whinge, complain, moan.

Brazil

I agree with 4mat, but I would prefer if the profile had the musics uploaded by the artist. The way it is today is really unfriendly, at least for me, to search music.

Westfield, NJ

I have to agree with 4mat, a basic forum homepage is the least useful thing to have. I always click on "Recent Posts" anyway. I think the homepage should be 2 columns:

- Latest songs.
- Latest posts.

The worst thing about 8bc's homepage is the top list being right there... it means people look at that and not the newest stuff uploaded. A toplist is a great thing, but don't put it right in the front so it takes attention away from the new stuff.

Just my $0.02

Unsubscribe

plus there hasnt been alot of posts  in the last few weeks anyways!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

uh.. fuck Jose's "collective"

Westfield, NJ
herr_prof wrote:

plus there hasnt been alot of posts  in the last few weeks anyways!

well people are back in school, so no surprise, but quality > quantity big time.

A gray world of dread

To be honest, the site lost a bit of it's initial momentum. There were good ideas around, but doing nothing with the music section hurt the site; why upload here if nobody listens anyway?
We have a tag system which could really make a difference in finding new music, but right now, I feel it disappears because there's no global interface like a cloud.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

This is only going to result in me bitching about the nazi that is Jose Torres. God Damn it.
i'll just forget i brought it up.

I like the idea of two columns, one for new posts and one for new music. It'd save me a few clicks smile

Tokyo, Japan

Actually, I don't know what anyone would think about this but how about having a "popular this week" section but without an actual rank?

I fucking hate listening to chipmusic.

astral cat

i find the competition of 8bc quite fun! kind of like a weekly compo.

Bronx, NY

FFS, was the Jose rage really necessary here? Really? We can't discuss another site without bringing up some shit from over a year ago that it's owner did that 99.5% of people barely remember anymore? Come on now maaaaan, let's move on!

Tokyo, Japan
Heosphoros wrote:

I fucking hate.

astral cat