I'm after a spare Commodore 64 (like the one in the picture), I'm pretty anal about my kit so does anyone have on in pretty much perfect condition that they would like to sell?

I search on eBay all the time, but  I always either forget to bid or buy them and they turn up with some kind of broken port, so have to return them. sad

Please email me here if you have one.

For shipping, I'm in London, UK.

Cheers!

O/H

BUMP!

Wellington, NZ

I have one that works but has been modified (painted black and power switch replaced)

Italy

I just have the newer one:
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/3363/ … -for-sale/
but you've probably already seen it...

brighton, uk

I have plenty but they are lacking SID chips.
If you need any parts send me a PM

Minneapolis

You aren't going to find very man (if any) mint condition C64s. Why, you may ask? Because nobody would buy a C64 and leave it in the box. No, actually it's because the plastics used in the C64 are known for having far too high a bromine content. They age rapidly, resulting in serious degradation of the plastics. That, coupled with some serious design flaws in the original C64 motherboard design that would ensure a high failure rate for the SID, will ensure that a mint condition C64 is nearly impossible to come by. If the color is irksome to you, you can always use Retr0Brite (or follow my tutorial for de-yellowing old plastics) to restore it's pretty gray color.

Italy

or, you can buy a newer C64c and put the motherboard into an old breadbox c64. If you're not specifically after the sound of the 6581 SID, that is... I've bought 3 c64c in the years and they where all fully working!

brighton, uk

Recently the C64c seems to be floating around on ebay, amibay etc more.
Good luck finding a replacement sid if it busts however; I just waited 3 months to find one for my beast.
Should have mentioned that all of my dud machines are C64c.