SLC, UT

So I'm attempting to put an internal ps/2 port in my DMG. I have a port all wired up the way I'm pretty sure it needs to be, but I can't get any kind of success. I've tested all the leads and everything seems to be wired properly. I honestly have no idea what could be the problem.

I'm following this pinout:

Basically, can someone post the pinout for the board, since that's what I'm soldering to? I understand that this view of the PS/2 socket is from the front so it should be reversed on the back side, but the internal wiring is whats tripping me up. Please help!

remember that a plug and a socket are the reverse of each other,

in your diagram you would be looking at the back of the ps2 socket not the front, so you are looking at the pin side of things,

Canada

NeX is right. For reference, these might help.

(viewed from the component side of the board)

SLC, UT

Hey guys, thank you so much! For the ps/2 port if i'm looking at the back end of a female port it will be the same as looking at the picture of the male port correct? And for the dmg board layout you posted, by component side do you mean that it is NOT the side you see when you first open the gameboy up?

Canada
stargazer wrote:

Hey guys, thank you so much! For the ps/2 port if i'm looking at the back end of a female port it will be the same as looking at the picture of the male port correct? And for the dmg board layout you posted, by component side do you mean that it is NOT the side you see when you first open the gameboy up?

Yes and yes. The side with the chips on it on it. smile

SLC, UT

Ah, I guess I had it soldered exactly mirrored on mine. The ps/2 port was fine, but the board was not. I will immediately attempt to correct this.

Will any PS/2 keyboard work with this or do I need to be worried about getting a different one?

Cambridge, MA

As far as I know, any PS/2 keyboard should be fine. I've tested at least 6-7 different ones without trouble with a similar mod. smile

SLC, UT

I just attempted to fix it to no avail. I literally have no clue what could possibly be the problem.