Westfield, NJ

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some advice. My wife recently signed us up for a piano class and I need to get something we can practice with at home. Ideally here's what it needs to be:

- Less than $100
- Polyphonic

And here's something I would like:

- MIDI output
- Various cool instrument sounds
- Something I could maybe use onstage after we finish this course

Any suggestions? I think a cheap Casio would probably fit the bill (would like to find something at Best Buy), I just don't know about the MIDI.

IL, US

most cheap casios do midi, not so great, not many options, but they do it

Westfield, NJ

I think I found the best option (Yamaha YPT220) but it's gonna be a bit over $100. Oh well.

Unsubscribe

i have the gz5m, its rare but awesome

New York City

Is anything wrong with getting a MIDI controler keyboard and connecting it to piano software on a computer? If not, I'd recommend teh Edirol PCR series. Get a big one, like 80 key.

Tacoma WA

can you even find a monophonic midi keyboard?  not synth but midi keybaord

you should really add velocity sensitive to what you are looking for.

also the more realistic the action the better.

Westfield, NJ
akira^8GB wrote:

Is anything wrong with getting a MIDI controler keyboard and connecting it to piano software on a computer? If not, I'd recommend teh Edirol PCR series. Get a big one, like 80 key.

I think my wife would much prefer a standalone keyboard that she can practice on away from the computer.

Westfield, NJ
infradead wrote:

you should really add velocity sensitive to what you are looking for.

also the more realistic the action the better.

Yeah I figured that, thanks.

Look around on Craigslist too, man. You can find some killer deals there and surprisingly some really cool synths! Good luck. smile