Hey guys, hunting down a WORKING 1351 mouse...

I have bought 2 through eBay, both NOT WORKING...

Can chipmusic.org help me out ? Or maybe someone has had luck repairing them...

Much obliged!

logistic [dot] stones [at] gmail [dotcom]

Unsubscribe

dont want to burst your bubble, but they kinda suck in general.. you are much better off using one of the modern mouse adapters.. good luck!

UK
herr_prof wrote:

dont want to burst your bubble, but they kinda suck in general.. you are much better off using one of the modern mouse adapters.. good luck!

The 1351 doesn't suck! I found it quite nice. However, you're right about the adapters, they are way more convenient and easier to get a  hold of.

Unsubscribe

dude it totally sucks! the buttons are spongy! hated it!

Montreal

Dont want to be the nerd spitting the obvious, but are you sure your SID's analog inputs are not blown?

Even though a digital joystick might work in a 9pin connector doesnt mean the analog part works.
CIA1 controls the Mouse buttons, but the analog X/Y (paddle/mouse) is sent to to the SID! (POTX/POTY)

New York City

Spongy? What the hell is that?|
The 1531 is just like the first gen Amiga mice and I find them to be fine.

Unsubscribe

I never used a amiga mouse so couldnt say, but comapred to an modern mouse it was a reall pain and not worth the high cost they seem to go for.

Sweden

You/the seller might not have been careful and you ended up with Amiga mice (afaik they look the same). But yeah, I recommend using an adapter so that you can use whatever mouse you feel most comfortable with.

Here's one I hear is good!

Minneapolis

I *might* have on in the pile of C64 junk I got from Low-Gain. I'll need to check. Also, I have no clue if it works, and no way that I know of to test it as of right now.

brighton, uk

There's some real cheeky bastards on ebay.
I myself have been stung twice with tanks and got a justified refund both times.
Try and source one through amibay if you really want a 1351.

Unsubscribe

it was clearly labeled 1351, came in the box, got it cheap cause they typoed the title!

Minneapolis

Nope, mines not that part number. Sorry. hmm

New York City
herr_prof wrote:

it was clearly labeled 1351, came in the box, got it cheap cause they typoed the title!

I think it was meant to the OP of the thread.

Amiga mouse do look equal however below they don't say 1351.
You can use an Amiga mouse with MSSIAH anyway.

plgDavid wrote:

Dont want to be the nerd spitting the obvious, but are you sure your SID's analog inputs are not blown?

This could also be a possibility. A faulty SID would render a mouse non working. Mice are very simple thiingies, I would be surprised all you bought are broken, I'd suspect the pot readers on the SID.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 28, 2011 7:02 pm)

Australia
akira^8GB wrote:

You can use an Amiga mouse with MSSIAH anyway.

I've been having heaps of problems with the Amiga mouse in the MSSIAH.  It works fine unless you accidently scroll too far "off" screen (eg. if you move the mouse to the edge of the screen).  It then locks up at the border of the screen and won't move.  Both my Commodore revisions, both Amiga mice.  Mouse adapter with an old PS2 mouse fixed the issue.  Maybe it's just my newer gen Amiga mice which were the problem - but either way - my advice is to get the adapter!!!