TX

An EP about love, math, and the subjunctive mood.

You can download it for free here, or if you'd like to pay a few dollars in exchange for a couple of bonus tracks, higher bit rates, the satisfaction of performing an act of kindness, etc., you should go here instead:

http://brotherandroid.bandcamp.com/

SLC, UT

I like it. What equipment did you use? And if you don't mind me asking, whereabout in Texas are you?

Minneapolis

This is quite fabulous. I enjoyed your work with HERO CORE, and this is even cooler. I really enjoy it.

TX

Thanks, I'm glad you guys enjoy this.

@Stargazer - the equipment is all software. Skale Tracker and various simple waveform generators. And I am at school in Waco (guess where) studying computer science.

arfink wrote:

I enjoyed your work with HERO CORE

I knew I recognized the name brother android from somewhere... that ost rocks. excited to hear this

This is great. Excellent work.

Last edited by Battle Lava (Feb 3, 2011 3:54 pm)

TX

Thanks!

This release is proving somewhat more divisive than things I've done in the past, seems like. In retrospect the percussion in a lot of places is not all that good. I'll try harder on that next time, but man, I find it hard to get a decent 8-bit drum sound. Any things I might try?

Pretty cool, I enjoyed the minimal vibes. Nice flow throughout the album too.

As for getting better 8-bit drums, I've always been partial to NES DPCM/sampled drums. Try RushJet1's excellent DPCM tool, RJDMC, which in addition to converting wav files to the .dmc format, will also let you export wav files after they've been downgraded to NES DPCM specs for use in sample trackers and the like.

TX

Thanks for the link! I'll have to mess around with that program and see if it helps.