I'm a new rapper and I want to start off rapping to chiptune music. I need someone who would want to make me beats that I can lay vocals over. I am planning to go commercial and would split all profits with the DJ 50-50.

Unsubscribe

Round one Fight!

Forum  VS  Troll
==                 ==

Winner:

New York City

It would be better if you posted examples of your work to see if anybody wants to collaborate with you.

I'm...serious...

herr_prof wrote:

Round one Fight!

Forum  VS  Troll
==                 ==

Winner:

akira^8GB wrote:

It would be better if you posted examples of your work to see if anybody wants to collaborate with you.

As I said, I'm a new rapper. only been working with vocals for less than a month. I know this so I'm not asking for anyone professional. Just someone to start off with.

Finland

Dear mr newrapper,

You can rap over my beats, please post the results for further discussion:

http://dkstr.bandcamp.com/track/like-a-walk-in-the-park (you can pick another song too, thats fine and dandy by me)

best regards,
Dkstr

Philly, PA, USA
DKSTR wrote:

Dear mr newrapper,

http://dkstr.bandcamp.com/track/like-a-walk-in-the-park (you can pick another song too, thats fine and dandy by me)

best regards,
Dkstr

I've always thought this song would be an excellent beat track for a rap

edit: if you fuck this up i'll be upset...

Last edited by pixls (Feb 1, 2011 9:55 pm)

*cue awkward white kid trying to rap*

Chicago IL

it's called a producer, not a dj

Thanks a bunch

DKSTR wrote:

Dear mr newrapper,

best regards,
Dkstr

New York City

By the way, DJ = Disc Jockey.

akira^8GB wrote:

I always thought it stood for Dick Junkie... hmmm....

akira^8GB wrote:

yea...I know. But the thing is now, it is a more blanketed statement and applies to more than just someone who plays music on the turntables. Example: "MC" stands  applies to more than just someone who hosts some sort of live show. But thank you for sharing your vast knowledge with me because anyone who raps has no musical background whatsoever. smile

Saskrotch wrote:

Actually, the term "DJ" can still be applied. It all depends on your own musical background and probably where you live.

PDX, PDX
newrapper wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

Actually, the term "DJ" can still be applied. It all depends on your own musical background and probably where you live.

No.  Safecrotch is right.  Most all of us fall under "producer" since we all make our own music.

mechlo wrote:
newrapper wrote:

No.  Safecrotch is right.  Most all of us fall under "producer" since we all make our own music.

Seems more like an opinion or regional thing. Doesn't matter. I still need someone to make me music and play it at lives.