california

Anything you'd like to see on the iPhone? Chip/music related? Or is it all covered?

brighton, uk

milkytracker port

california

That might be tough. I was thinking more like a live tool or something. Whatever really, just spitballin.

Then again, maybe I could adapt the concept of a tracker into a simpler interface. I hate piano rolls.

go for it, I for one would have fun trying out something new

california
Battle Lava wrote:

go for it, I for one would have fun trying out something new

Well I'm definatly gonna make some kind of music tool. Something for making a whole song when you're on bus rides would be cool. Yeah this tracker thing might be a good idea...i think it could be done....maybe. tongue

Westfield, NJ

Make something that doesn't sound like a cheap toy.

Unsubscribe

So nothing like the ds-10?

california

hehe.. I thought we were in the buisness of cheap toys here. Nanoloop for iphone is the shit, and Sunvox is quit similar to ds-10.

Minneapolis

gizmo- so all that's left to you is to write a Kaossilator emulator.

brighton, uk

If a milkytracker port sounds too hard, how about a mod DJ tool with switchable samples / ability to queue patterns.

Westfield, NJ

You guys misunderstand me. The DS10 emulates a very famous, classic synthesizer. Nanoloop and Sunvox are both very good iPhone apps. But most of the stuff on the iPhone sounds like cheap toy software. I'm just saying, if you make a program for the iPhone that actually produces good sounds, you'll certainly have some buyers.

california
arfink wrote:

gizmo- so all that's left to you is to write a Kaossilator emulator.

Bing bing bing!! That's a good one.

Thanks guys, I have a better idea of some things to make now. big_smile I'll let you know when I have something.

Edit: Actually one more question.

How would you guys feel about a synthesizer that generated patterns and modualtions algorithmically, based on you drawing little shapes or something? That might go good with the kaoss osc thing.

_

Last edited by gizmo (Feb 5, 2011 1:23 am)

Westfield, NJ
gizmo wrote:

How would you guys feel about a synthesizer that generated patterns and modualtions algorithmically, based on you drawing little shapes or something? That might go good with the kaoss osc thing.

I like this idea. Maybe a totally new take on making sounds rather than just trying to tap a tiny keyboard or enter notes on a cramped grid.

Philly, PA, USA

If there was a way to save patterns and sequence things, like, pull that idea to a full application capable of making a whole songs.

Rhode Island

Just a heads up for a decent alternative to nano and sun on the iPhone. 8bitone+ is another, decent sound, piano rolls, easy navigation, blah blah blah.

I like the idea of drawing stuff and having music come from it. That would be a lot of fun

uhajdafdfdfa

how do you use a tracker on a machine with no keyboard? yikes

i don't have an ipod/phone/pad but i think something like nanoloop/things with a step sequencer will be the best in terms of the interface